Atheists Get ‘Soles’: The Clever (and Vulgar) Way One Shoe Company Is Targeting the Godless
If you don’t like corny puns, then click away now. That’s because a German shoe company has created a new pair of shoes targeting atheists. In other words, Atheists now have the chance to buy some soles.
Here are the latest shoes being marketed to the Godless by a company simply called “Atheist.” The bottoms of the shoes include the phrase “Ich bin atheist,” which in German translates to “I am an atheist”:
“Is there anything more beautiful in life than the pure, sweet, wondrous innocence of an unblemished, open and untainted soul?” the company says on its site.
It then quickly adds some vulgarity:
Yes… the delightful process of getting that sole so [fu**ing] filthily dirty, and soiling its purity with so much titiliating sin and hedonistic whoredom that it can scarcely remember what colour it was to begin with.
This creamy, blank canvas of a handmade shoeling is resplendent in her off-white milky maidenhood… but not for long, the little nymph, for you will introduce her to the real world… blemishing and sullying her with every step you take.
You’re about to make a grown-up of this shoe.
But the cream-colored shoe is only the latest in a line of non-deity footwear. There are plenty of other options available:
If you’ve never heard about this company and are wondering what it’s all about, here’s how it describes itself:
We are an incredulity of atheists, living in Berlin and furiously dedicating our days to not believing in god. Ok, that’s not true; we barely ever think about god, let alone about being atheists.
But, when one of us had the peculiar idea to make a handmade ‘atheist shoe’, we thought that sounded rather endearing and fun. And when the idea went gangbusters on reddit.com, we decided we had to roll up our sleeves and make the atheist shoe a reality.
The “about” section also includes sections titled “We don’t believe in any God” and “Taking the God out of good.”
The shoes sell for 129 Euro — or about $170.
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 477 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 393 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 335 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 330 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 282 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ Read More
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ Read More
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 198 Comments
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint Read More
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- Ex-Cincinnati IRS Manager: This Was Not the Work of ‘Low-Level’ Employees Read More
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 143 Comments
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 109 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Attorney: Donald Trump lied on stand
- Bernanke signals Fed to maintain stimulus efforts
- NY funeral for student accidentally shot by police
- Amid immigration reform, calls to change asylums
- Cameron: 'Indications' London attack terror
- Redford swept away in shipwreck saga 'All Is Lost'
- Maine man appears in court in missing teen's death
- Oklahoma tornado damage could top $2 billion