Here’s Why You Should Never Illegally Park Your Car in Russia: It Could Get Crushed and Towed by a Crane
Many people have a beef with tow trucks. They growl when they seem them trolling around at night looking for offenders who have tried to sneak into permitted parking areas or those parked in the expecting mother’s slot who aren’t quite showing a baby bump.
Some people may have actively witnessed and cried out as their vehicle was loaded up onto the truck after they ran, pleaded and tried to bribe the operator out of taking it. But when all is said and done, the inconvenience and “paid at the owner’s expense” fine are nothing compared to what would happen to your vehicle upon making a parking infringement in Russia.
Instead of slipping your car onto a truck-bed, in Russia a crane might act as a more aggressive tow truck. It’s claw grabs hold, crushing through the window glass as it lifts the vehicle and drops it into the back of a dump truck.
Now, we admit, it’s unclear if these vehicles are legitimately being towed or were scheduled for pickup to be taken to the car graveyard, but the descriptions in the videos say things like “illegally parked.” Perhaps this is the fate of illegally parked cars left in the spot for a long period of time.
Either way, it’s a bit shocking to see how they’re treated like useless scrap metal.
Check it out:
And these two cars getting the crane treatment look rather new, so it’s hard to believe they were already destined for the dump:
Even the cars that are being nicely towed (if that’s not an oxymoron) have a crane-type pickup that’s not as damaging:
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 469 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 442 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 357 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 267 Comments
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 178 Comments
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- Ex-Cincinnati IRS Manager: This Was Not the Work of ‘Low-Level’ Employees Read More
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 142 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) 106 Comments
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 102 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- Weak yen a help for Japan, but headache elsewhere
- One block: How neighbors saw twister's deadly path
- Officials: Suspect lunged at FBI agent with knife
- Oklahoma tornado damage could top $2 billion
- Judge: Hollister clothing unfriendly to disabled
- Bahrain opposition group snubs crisis talks
- Officials: Man lunged at FBI agent with knife while being questioned about Boston bombings
- AP Source: Coach K returning to US men's team