Piers Morgan: ‘Only 90,000′ Have Signed Deportation Petition, So 310 Million ‘Presumably Want Me to Stay’
After the horrifying tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary, CNN host Piers Morgan abandoned any semblance of impartiality in the gun control debate, going so far as to call one pro-gun advocate an “unbelievably stupid man.”
After a lively interview, Morgan told Larry Pratt, the head of Gun Owners of America: “You are a dangerous man espousing dangerous nonsense, and you shame your country.”
In response to his repeated criticism of the Second Amendment, a petition to deport the British television host began on the White House website. In roughly one week, more than 90,000 people have signed.
But Morgan appears to be enjoying the attention. After individuals like Michael Moore and author Joyce Carol Oates rallied to his defense (Oates even compared the petition to “Southern lynch mobs”), Morgan is doing his best to keep the petition in the limelight.
“Still only 90,000 Americans have signed the White House petition to deport me. That leaves 310,910,000 who presumably want me to stay,” he tweeted Friday.
After that, Morgan said it wasn’t on his “bucket list” to “suck on [Ted Nugent's] machine gun,” as Nugent recently said to those who would try to “disarm” him.
The Huffington Post describes Morgan’s tweets as “taunting,” adding:
Still, American anti-Morganites can find solace in the fact that, at the moment, their enemy has — in the words of Mitt Romney — self-deported to England for a vacation.
That will, of course, sadden the British wing of the anti-Morganites, who have their own petition demanding that he be kept in the United States, which creates the possibility that Morgan will be left floating somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean as both countries strive to have the other one take him, but we digress.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 474 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 449 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 425 Comments
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 332 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 317 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ Read More
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Church vs. State Complaint Leads City to Remove Christian Crosses on Water Tower — Now See What They’ve Been Replaced With 113 Comments
- Faith-Healing Parents Charged With Murder for Refusing Kids’ Medical Care — Should They Go to Prison? Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 113 Comments
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets That Can Turn You Into a Detective Read More
- How Would a 3D-Printed Shotgun Slug Hold Up? Here’s the Test Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 130 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- Austria wants EU arms embargo to Syria extended
- Multiple aftershocks follow 5.7 quake in N. Calif.
- UK arrests 2 men over incident with Pakistan plane
- World stocks lower after big sell-off
- Zimbabwe activist: Prisoners denied AIDS drugs
- Niger defense minister: Hostages freed in Agadez
- Steely Cotillard shines in 'The Immigrant'
- Czech police say US suspect in 4 murders arrested