Piers Morgan: ‘Only 90,000′ Have Signed Deportation Petition, So 310 Million ‘Presumably Want Me to Stay’
After the horrifying tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary, CNN host Piers Morgan abandoned any semblance of impartiality in the gun control debate, going so far as to call one pro-gun advocate an “unbelievably stupid man.”
After a lively interview, Morgan told Larry Pratt, the head of Gun Owners of America: “You are a dangerous man espousing dangerous nonsense, and you shame your country.”
In response to his repeated criticism of the Second Amendment, a petition to deport the British television host began on the White House website. In roughly one week, more than 90,000 people have signed.
But Morgan appears to be enjoying the attention. After individuals like Michael Moore and author Joyce Carol Oates rallied to his defense (Oates even compared the petition to “Southern lynch mobs”), Morgan is doing his best to keep the petition in the limelight.
“Still only 90,000 Americans have signed the White House petition to deport me. That leaves 310,910,000 who presumably want me to stay,” he tweeted Friday.
After that, Morgan said it wasn’t on his “bucket list” to “suck on [Ted Nugent's] machine gun,” as Nugent recently said to those who would try to “disarm” him.
The Huffington Post describes Morgan’s tweets as “taunting,” adding:
Still, American anti-Morganites can find solace in the fact that, at the moment, their enemy has — in the words of Mitt Romney — self-deported to England for a vacation.
That will, of course, sadden the British wing of the anti-Morganites, who have their own petition demanding that he be kept in the United States, which creates the possibility that Morgan will be left floating somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean as both countries strive to have the other one take him, but we digress.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 484 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 472 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 462 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 359 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 327 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ Read More
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack Read More
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer 101 Comments
- This Is How Texas Politicians Are Fighting Against the Atheist-Led ‘War on Christmas’ Read More
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 118 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- ‘Middle class champion’ Elizabeth Warren joins Senate Millionaires Club
- Matt Drudge calls MSNBC host ‘squirrely’…
- Emails suggest Treasury delayed alerting Congress to Tea Party targeting scheme
- Karl Rove advises GOP not to threaten impeachment
- Gang of 8 needs to fix massive Obamacare loophole with immigration bill
- Tea party storm largely inside IRS _ so far
- Banned Iranian director Rasoulof coming to Cannes
- US stock market recovers most of an early loss
- Storm took town's youngest as it swept through
- Gunmen kill 7 Iraqi soldiers in central Iraq
- Birth control coverage up for federal appeal
- Seen and heard at the Cannes Film Festival
- Violence in Somalia scares investors, aid workers