New Video Mocks Celebrities’ ‘Demand A Plan’ Gun Control PSA
Many celebrities have spoken out about gun control. Some of the biggest names in Hollywood have even stepped up and offered to use their fame to change the current gun laws. Jennifer Aniston, Jamie Foxx, Will Ferrell, Beyonce, Chris Rock, Steve Carrell, Ellen Degeneres, and others have appeared in a video called “Demand A Plan.”
While it is perfectly acceptable for famous folks to trade on their celebrity status to promote causes they deem to be important, it has also been noted that many of the people in the video have earned fortunes by appearing in movies and TV shows that promote guns and gun violence.
A new video is quick to point out this hypocrisy. The alternative campaign called “Demand A Plan? Demand Celebrities Go **** Themselves!” has surfaced on the web. It uses a combination of clips from the actual “Demand A Plan” video and intercuts it with violent scenes from virtually every single star in the PSA.
Watch it, below (caution: violent themes and images):
For the record, the “Demand A Plan” campaign is an effort from “Mayors Against Illegal Guns” and the San Francisco-based Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence. Both group’s websites host the 1:22 video calling for American citizens to contact their elected officials and demand action on gun laws.
From Demand A Plan’s website, here are their three specific requests regarding gun laws:
- Require a criminal background check for every gun sold in America
- Ban assault weapons and high-capacity magazines
- Make gun trafficking a federal crime, including real penalties for “straw purchasers”
It should be noted that every state in the union requires a criminal background check when a licensed firearms dealer sells a gun, any gun. The first item on the list seems tied to a push requiring background checks on private gun sales and those made at gun shows.
Where do you stand on celebrity endorsements? Join the conversation in the comments section and take our Blaze poll.
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 434 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 402 Comments
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 319 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 318 Comments
- More Than $1 Million Raised Through Mercury One for Oklahoma Tornado Relief 266 Comments
- ‘Unbelievable’: Apparent Thief Leaves $140 & Apology Note on Family’s Doorstep — Find Out Why Read More
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor Read More
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ 124 Comments
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ 118 Comments
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 229 Comments
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 237 Comments
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- Ex-Cincinnati IRS Manager: This Was Not the Work of ‘Low-Level’ Employees Read More
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 114 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Weiner launches comeback bid to become NYC mayor
- Broke no laws, IRS official says _ then takes 5th
- Okla. tornado damage: Thousands of homes, $1.5-$2B
- Zach Johnson always feels good at Colonial
- Tesla uses stock, note sale to repay government
- Arias jury deadlocked but must keep deliberating
- In Arias trial, TV cameras never far behind
- Inaugural tournament cut to 54 holes