So, How Do Canadians Get Rid of All That Snow?
There are times when snowfall is so great there is really no where for it to go. You can only pile snow so high on the side of the road and along sidewalks and driveways. So what’s to be done with the powdery precipitation when there’s a massive dumping? Do like the Canadians do.
Similar to how farmers would harvest corn with a combine shooting their bounty into a nearby truck for transport, this too is how some in more frigid climates deal with their snow.
A tractor with an attachment sucks up the snow and spews it into a dump truck, which will transport it to a more remote area where workers are allowed to pile the snow as high as a two-story house.
Watch for yourself to see how it’s done:
Did you notice how about 18 seconds into the clip a second truck pulls forward to take the full one’s place. They’ve got this system down to a science.
The YouTube user who uploaded the video describes herself as an Armenian girl living in Canada and deemed it evidence of “our joyful lifestyle.”
Here’s another interesting method of snow disposal when there’s nowhere else for it to go: melt it. See how that would work:
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 508 Comments
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 405 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 391 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 350 Comments
- Faith-Healing Parents Charged With Murder for Refusing Kids’ Medical Care — Should They Go to Prison? Read More
- ‘I Swear I Will Kill You…F**k You’: Conservative Comedian Gets Death Threats Following Anti-Muhammad Video 121 Comments
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control 211 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 111 Comments
- Emails Released: Congress Was Asking for Updates on IG’s IRS Audit Before 2012 Election Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 130 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Safe room mandates remain rare in tornado states
- 10 Things to Know for Today, 1st Ld-Writethru
- Seen and heard at the Cannes Film Festival
- Procter & Gamble brings back A.G. Lafley as CEO
- Kerry's focus on peace talks, not settlements
- Kerry blasts Iranian election maneuvering
- World stocks stabilize after big sell-off