Video: Rep. Darrell Issa Has Confidence In Boehner, But Not The Bill
It’s 6pm (ET) on Tuesday, January 1st and the U.S. Senate has officially “gaveled out” for the day. They are slated to return at noon on Wednesday.
Meanwhile, the Republican members of the House of Representatives assembled for a second New Year’s Day meeting to discuss the latest bill to solve the Fiscal Cliff approved by the Senate.
Before joining his colleagues in the meeting, Rep. Darrell Issa of California’s 49th District spoke with CNN’s Wolf Blitzer about the Senate bill, the chances for the bill to pass the House, and Issa’s support for Speaker John Boehner.
One of Issa’s statements does not exactly send a positive message about the potential for the Senate bill to pass easily in the House.
“This bill in its present form is not good enough because it doesn’t deal with spending reduction in any way, shape, or form.”
Near the end of the interview, Blitzer asked Rep. Issa about his “confidence” in Speaker John Boehner. The Congressman’s reply:
I have confidence in the Speaker, he’s listening, he’s making the process open, but of course, that includes people like myself and leader Cantor, who say we’ve got to be open for change, and we want to see them.”
The abbreviated CNN interview is here.
Watch the full 8:05 CNN interview here.
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 466 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 441 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 330 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 326 Comments
- More Than $1 Million Raised Through Mercury One for Oklahoma Tornado Relief 263 Comments
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ Read More
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 155 Comments
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 201 Comments
- Ex-Cincinnati IRS Manager: This Was Not the Work of ‘Low-Level’ Employees Read More
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 139 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) 106 Comments
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 144 Comments
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- FBI: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe
- EU leaders discuss fight against tax evasion
- UK, Denmark eye visas for Afghan interpreters
- Oklahoma tornado damage could top $2 billion
- Conn. rail service returns to normal
- Afghanistan: Suicide bomb kills anti-Taliban elder
- US test-launches intercontinental missile
- Iran's Ahmadinejad denounces election decision