‘Vulgar’: Kathy Griffin Kisses Anderson Cooper’s Crotch During Live NYE Show
Comedian Kathy Griffin is known for spawning both hilarity and controversy. During CNN’s live New Year’s Eve show, there was no shortage of the latter. In a move that some have called “vulgar,” Griffin made sexual jokes directed at co-host Anderson Cooper and then proceeded to kiss his crotch after midnight.
Griffin first raised eyebrows during the show by telling Cooper, “I’m going to tickle your sack.” Then, as the CNN host attempted to sway the conversation away from controversy, the back-and-forth intensified. Newsbusters recaps the dialogue:
An obviously nervous Cooper responded, “I don’t know what you’re talking about. I have no sack of gifts here.”
Griffin then suggested the camera pan lower so the audience can see her “naughty gestures.”
When Cooper continued to try and clean it up by referring to a sack of Christmas presents, Griffin asked, “You’re calling your privates your Christmas presents?”
When Cooper said, “No,” Griffin said, “That’s typical hot guy. ‘Let’s open up the Christmas presents.’”
But that wasn’t the end of the bizarre antics. A more intense and inappropriate discussion proceeded after midnight, when Griffin kissed Cooper’s crotch area.
“Did you drop something?,” Cooper asked.
“No, I was kissing your sardine,” she replied.
“Thank you. I got it,” Cooper responded.
And that’s only a portion of the dialogue. Watch the entire debacle, below:
What do you think — is this appropriate behavior for a news network? Of course, this isn’t the first time Griffin has acted in such a manner during a CNN New Year’s Eve show. Let us know in the comments section.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 576 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 510 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 491 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 382 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 335 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 294 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 259 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 146 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California Read More
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- Calif. teen takes supermodel to prom
- Kuchar leads Colonial when 2nd round suspended
- Judge: Ariz. sheriff's office profiles Latinos
- Police: 'Thong Cape Scooter Man' not breaking law
- Journalist and author Haynes Johnson dies at 81
- Trucker bumps I-5 bridge, sees horror behind him
- State report: I-5 bridge had gouges, impact damage
- Soldier's slaying prompts UK security review