Samuel L. Jackson Demands Reporter Use N-Word in ‘Django Unchained’ Interview — And Refuses to Answer Question When Interviewer Won’t
Samuel L. Jackson refused to answer a question about the abundant use of the n-word in his new film “Django Unchained” because the interviewer wouldn’t say the full word.
“There’s been a lot of controversy surrounding the usage of the n-word in this movie,” interviewer Jake Hamilton asked the actor in a December interview about the Quentin Tarantino film.
“‘No’? ‘Nobody’? ‘None’? The word would be..?” Jackson asked, feigning ignorance.
“I don’t want to say it,” Hamilton said.
“Why not?” Jackson asked.
“I don’t like to say it,” Hamilton said.
A lighthearted back-and-forth ensued as Jackson tried to compel Hamilton to say the word.
“We’re not going to have this conversation unless you say it,” Jackson said. When Hamilton agreed to move on, Jackson burst out laughing.
“I don’t, I don’t like to say it,” Hamilton said. “Will you say it?”
“No, f–k no,” Jackson said. “It’s not the same thing.”
Hamilton said he wasn’t saying the word, which was too bad because “it was a good question.”
“It wasn’t a great question if you can’t say the word,” Jackson said.
Watch below — relevant portion begins at the 13:56 mark:
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 478 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 405 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 353 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 330 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 290 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ Read More
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ Read More
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 204 Comments
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 115 Comments
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- Ex-Cincinnati IRS Manager: This Was Not the Work of ‘Low-Level’ Employees Read More
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 146 Comments
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 109 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Flooding forces evacuation of 1,300 in ND town
- Cannes: Scott Thomas' glorious dip into darkness
- Benghazi review leader OKs meeting with committee
- Cameron: 'Indications' London attack terror
- Weiner launches comeback bid to become NYC mayor
- Arias jury deadlocked but must continue
- Key House chairman slams Senate immigration bill
- Stocks fall on news Fed weighed cutting stimulus