‘Hannity’ Guest Becomes so Furious That He Literally Covers His Ears & Refuses to Respond During Heated Gun Rights Debate
On Wednesday night, Fox News’ Sean Hannity tackled gun rights, an ever-controversial issue that continues to stand at the forefront of public discussion and debate following the tragic shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School. The popular television and radio host spoke with civil rights attorney Leo Terrell and conservative lawyer Jay Sekulow — two individuals with divergent ideas about how to handle gun ownership.
As the men discussed The Journal News’ recent decision to publish the names and addresses of pistol permit holders in two New York Counties, Terrell became to frustrated by Hannity’s questioning that he literally covered his ears and refused to respond. But before this odd behavior took form, the host asked Terrell, who agreed with the newspaper’s actions, if he believes in privacy rights.
“This information will alert the neighborhood of people who are mentally ill,” the civil rights attorney responded.
From there, the conversation became increasingly-heated, with Terrell raising his voice and attempting to rail against his conservative opponents. Sekulow noted that background checks are required in all 50 states — provisions that sometimes protect against mentally-unstable individuals securing firearms. Rather than protecting lives, Sekulow dismissed Terrell’s claim that publishing the names and addresses is a good idea; instead, he said such action impedes the rights of gun owners.
But it wasn’t until Hannity brought up O.J. Simpson, noting the civil rights attorney’s friendship with the former football player, that Terrell put his hands on his ears and refused to respond to the host. Watch the contentious and awkward situation, below:
Simpson has apparently been a sore spot for Terrell for quite some time. Years ago, when Hannity asked him about the murder chargers that were once waged against the former athlete, Terrell walked off set.
And during yet another interview, he gave Hannity the silent treatment. See this latter exchange, below (around the 4:30 mark):
- N.Y. County Reverses Course — Vows Not to Give Gun Owners’ Names & Addresses to Newspaper
- Newspaper That Published The Names & Addresses of Gun Owners Hires Armed Guards
- N.Y. Newspaper Announces it Will Publish More Names & Addresses of Gun Owners
- N.Y. Paper Broke No Laws With Gun Owner Map — But Is It Ever Ethical to Publish Personal Info to Push an Agenda?
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 574 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 510 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 490 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 375 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 334 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 286 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 256 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 145 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California Read More
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- State report: I-5 bridge had gouges, impact damage
- Soldier's slaying prompts UK security review
- Bowie Young, Cavalleri tied in the Bahamas
- Cochran, Perry tied for lead in Senior PGA
- Communications satellite launched into space
- Key figures in racial profiling lawsuit in Ariz
- Stone Temple Pilots sue ex-frontman Scott Weiland
- Judge: Ariz. sheriff's office profiles Latinos