Have You Seen the ‘Guns Are Welcome’ Sign That’s Burning up the Internet?
Update: Read TheBlaze’s interview with the maker of these signs here.
You might have seen signs at certain establishments letting customers know they welcome things like pets or strollers. But there’s a new sort of welcome sign that has begun to go viral on the Internet recently: a welcome sign for guns.
The sign says “Guns Are Welcome.” But there are stipulations to that statement. Although allowed on the premise of whatever establishment this sign precedes, it goes on to ask that the weapons remain holstered “unless the need arises.”
Even in the case of a need, the sign reads “judicious marksmanship appreciated.”
This is a video showing the sign and even has the maker giving more information about it:
At the time of this posting, it as been retweeted more than 570 times. Here’s a glimpse at a few of those supportive tweets:
Stull, who has posted other pro-gun ownership phrases and pictures, is professionally a National Hot Rod Association Super Comp Dragster driver. According to her website, this is something she took up after being diagnosed with terminal cancer and given only three years to live. This was in 2002 and clearly she has beaten the odds. Stull is also active on Twitter posting her support for the military and their families, as she is involved in military-focused ministries.
“I really appreciate the Soldiers who serve, because the job they do allows me to do what I do,” she said on her website. “My getting to drive race cars is entertainment. People in the military are changing history. It’s important that when they go out to do their job, they know they are fully supported here at home.“
This story has also been updated to reflect that although the Twitter picture references Texas, the maker of the sign is based in Roanoke Rapids, N.C.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 607 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 531 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 422 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 319 Comments
- Priest Gunned Down by Italian Mobsters Now Beatified Read More
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 157 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? 101 Comments
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 118 Comments
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California Read More
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- Graduates in tornado-raked Okla. town vow to stay
- Jimmie Johnson chasing NASCAR history, not legacy
- Protesters to march vs Monsanto in 250 cities
- Hezbollah chief says group is fighting in Syria
- Dye agrees to meet with NCAA investigators
- Iraq car bomb kills 6 Iranian pilgrims, 1 Iraqi
- Thousands of bridges at risk of freak collapse
- Ex-minor leaguer says baseball cheating lives