Have You Seen the ‘Guns Are Welcome’ Sign That’s Burning up the Internet?
Update: Read TheBlaze’s interview with the maker of these signs here.
You might have seen signs at certain establishments letting customers know they welcome things like pets or strollers. But there’s a new sort of welcome sign that has begun to go viral on the Internet recently: a welcome sign for guns.
The sign says “Guns Are Welcome.” But there are stipulations to that statement. Although allowed on the premise of whatever establishment this sign precedes, it goes on to ask that the weapons remain holstered “unless the need arises.”
Even in the case of a need, the sign reads “judicious marksmanship appreciated.”
This is a video showing the sign and even has the maker giving more information about it:
At the time of this posting, it as been retweeted more than 570 times. Here’s a glimpse at a few of those supportive tweets:
Stull, who has posted other pro-gun ownership phrases and pictures, is professionally a National Hot Rod Association Super Comp Dragster driver. According to her website, this is something she took up after being diagnosed with terminal cancer and given only three years to live. This was in 2002 and clearly she has beaten the odds. Stull is also active on Twitter posting her support for the military and their families, as she is involved in military-focused ministries.
“I really appreciate the Soldiers who serve, because the job they do allows me to do what I do,” she said on her website. “My getting to drive race cars is entertainment. People in the military are changing history. It’s important that when they go out to do their job, they know they are fully supported here at home.“
This story has also been updated to reflect that although the Twitter picture references Texas, the maker of the sign is based in Roanoke Rapids, N.C.
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 1,036 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 462 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 436 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 312 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 252 Comments
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 148 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? Read More
- Boston Cardinal Snubs Irish PM Over Abortion Support Read More
- Incredible: The Moment a Woman’s Dog Emerges from Rubble During TV Interview Right After She Describes Losing Him 224 Comments
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 106 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) Read More
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 132 Comments
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Maine man charged in death of missing teen
- Weak yen a help for Japan, but headache elsewhere
- Portland, Ore., rejecting water fluoridation
- Conn. rail service returning to normal
- Hosseini discusses new novel at NYC reading
- Young objector challenges Israeli army
- Egypt: 7 security men kidnapped in Sinai freed
- Garcetti holds slim lead as LA picks new mayor