Hilarious Vid Features Kids Catching Parents Sobbing After Seeing ‘Les Misérables’: ‘I’m So Upset — I Can’t Talk About It’
One shouldn’t go in to see “Les Misérables” expecting to leave a more joyful human being. Two movie goers recently left the theater inconsolable after seeing the movie remake of the Broadway play about the French Revolution.
The couple, filmed by their children on the car ride home, were the literal English translation of the movie’s French title, meaning “the miserable ones.
The video, titled “My Parents’ Reaction to the Les Misérables Movie,” starts with Dad saying “I hear the first note, I start to cry.” A choked up Mom agrees.
“But didn’t he, wasn’t it better than the play George?” Mom said.
Dad can’t answer because he’s quietly weeping up front, so Mom answers for him. “It was better than the play,” she said.
“I was walking and I was crying,” George said.
Upset that their children are snickering at them, Mom asks how they could laugh.
“I’m not laughing. I was sad too,” one of them replies. It’s hardly in a believable tone though. Glossing over that, the kid asks, what the saddest part was.
“At the end, his eyes. …I’m so upset. Oh my God. I can’t talk about it,” Mom said.
Now, even George sees some of the humor in the situation.
“We’ve been to funerals and been less upset.”
Watch the parent’s reaction for yourself:
The video posted by the YouTube user rf24music has more than 244,000 hits after being uploaded on December 28, just three days after it opened in theaters. It has also been reposted on the video-sharing site several times with some getting up to 44,000 hits. It has been making its way around websites nationwide and was even promoted by Ellen Degeneres and Good Morning America.
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 842 Comments
- White House: ‘Irrelevant Fact’ Where Obama Was During Benghazi 348 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 271 Comments
- CNN Poll: Obama’s Approval Rating Unchanged Since Scandals Hit 241 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 220 Comments
- Beck and Mercury One Head to Oklahoma to Launch Tornado Relief Effort Read More
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 163 Comments
- Israeli Motorists Shocked When Nazi Flag Seen Flying Near Palestinian Mosque Read More
- Did Christian Prayers at Gov’t Meetings in This NY Town Violate the Constitution? 177 Comments
- ‘In the End, Everything Will Be Claimed’: Creator of First 3D-Printed Gun Highlights Creeping Gov’t Control of Technology Read More
- Sebelius’ Controversial Fundraising Efforts Raise Concerns, Allegedly Chase Away Potential Donors Read More
- See All the Viral Backlash Abercrombie & Fitch Has Received for Its CEO’s Comments From Years Ago That Resurfaced Again Read More
- Is This the ‘Smoking Gun’ That Ties the IRS Scandal to the White House? 182 Comments
- Monday Morning Market Roundup: Not Off to Such a Great Start Read More
- This Teen’s Invention Means You Could Charge Your Cellphone in Less Than 30 Seconds Read More
- One of the Most Unlikely Animals Being Trained to Hunt Land Mines Read More
- Woman Who Lost All Limbs to Flesh-Eating Bacteria Gets $200K Bionic Arms Read More
- Why Are These Zoo Keepers Baffled by This Anteater’s Babies? Read More
- Largest Lunar Explosion in NASA History Caught on Video 139 Comments
- Who Has More Viewers…President Obama’s Weekly Address Or The Daily Blazecast?
- Most people don’t think the DOJ was trying to bully the media by secretly taking reporters’ phone records
- Greta Van Susteren says DOJ ‘lucky’ they didn’t hack her emails
- Media Matters has no idea what to do with itself right now
- Caption that photo!: the winner
- In tornado's wake, worried parents seek out kids
- Chinese fishing boat, crew released by North Korea
- Head of embattled G4S security force retires
- Justin Bieber's monkey to become German property
- AP photographer describes destroyed Okla. school
- Former IRS commissioner heads to Hill amid scandal
- Policy, discretion guide media sources probes
- Roadside bomb kills 6 policemen in Afghanistan