O’Reilly Blasts Al Gore for Allegedly Dodging Tax Hike in Current TV Deal After Calling on Rich to Pay Their ‘Fair Share’
Fox News host Bill O’Reilly did not beat around the bush when expressing his disgust over the hypocrisy displayed by Al Gore when he reportedly rushed to finalize the sale of Current TV before the “fiscal cliff” deadline on Monday in order to avoid paying higher taxes on his capital gains in 2013. O’Reilly wasn’t really thrilled that Gore chose to do business with the “anti-Americans” at Al Jazeera either.
To show just how hypocritical the move was, O’Reilly aired a clip of Gore saying he thinks the rich, including himself, need to “do our fair share.” That, of course, is the same rhetoric that comes out of the Obama administration and the left constantly.
And what did O’Reilly have to say about Al Jazeera? He called it an “anti-American network out of Qatar that recently ran a documentary sympathetic to Osama bin Laden.”
The host went on to say that he does not want to censor Al Jazeera in any way, but the move by Gore was “sleazy” and “disgraceful” nonetheless. And though O’Reilly didn’t mention it, TheBlaze also approached Current about buying the channel but executives were blown off because of ideological differences between the two networks. Al Jazeera was determined to be a better fit.
Just in case the New York Times, who first reported that Gore wanted to avoid higher taxes, was incorrect in its reporting, O’Reilly offered Gore all the time he needs to set the record straight on his show. He went on to say that he doubts the green energy mogul would ever actually appear on “The Factor.”
“Because we have problems with hypocrites in the ‘no spin zone,’ and Al well knows it,” he added.
Watch the clip via Fox News/Mediaite below:
Featured image via Getty
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 478 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 398 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 340 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 284 Comments
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 200 Comments
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- Ex-Cincinnati IRS Manager: This Was Not the Work of ‘Low-Level’ Employees Read More
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 144 Comments
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 109 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- Man who kidnapped 2 Iowa girls had long record
- Arias jury deadlocked but must continue
- Kerry: US, allies, ready to step up aid rebels
- Fiat Industrial aims to shift tax home to Britain
- Jurors in Jodi Arias case say they're unable to reach decision; judge sends them back
- Flooding forces evacuation of 1,300 in ND town
- Attorney: Donald Trump lied on stand
- Fed weighed slowing its pace of bond purchases