There’s Nothing Better Than Watching a Firecracker Blow Up Inside Jello in Slow Motion
- Who: The Slingshot Channel guy we know and love, Joerg Sprave, complete with a Count Dracula-like laugh in this episode.
- What: Slingshots, explosive firecrackers, gelatin and a bayonet.
- Where: Probably his backyard.
- When: New Years Eve (when else would explosive slingshot shooting being merited?)
- Why: Sprave does things like this because he’s a genius. TheBlaze is posting it because it’s Friday and, well, why not? Have you ever seen a firecracker shot from a slingshot into a brick of Jello before? We didn’t think so.
Now, before we get to the wiggly action of what it looks like to shoot a firecracker into gelatin, Sprave tests shooting the explosive straight up, at a 45 degree angle and into a catch box. From there, he tailors it to have a tip that would help it penetrate the object at which it was shot.
Then, enters the yellow-colored gelatin. The crack the explosive makes is surprisingly loud and it’s super satisfying to watch the action in slow motion.
“Wow, that was pretty good. Nice to see the flames inside the gelatin,” Sprave said.
You think Sprave would leave it at that? No way. He has another block of gelatin, which he sticks with six firecrackers at one time. As if the gelatin hadn’t been tortured enough, Sprave then slams a bayonet through it.
Watch the video for yourself to see the gelatin and explosives in all their slow-mo glory:
- Here’s the Homemade, Stink Bomb-Throwing Crossbow Slingshot That Tackles an Important Problem
- Ever Wonder How Slingshots Were Made Before Rubber Bands? This Guy Shows You
- ‘One of My Favorite Ammo’: YouTube Weapons Creator Is Back With a Pistol That Fires Steel Darts
- See the ‘Blunderbuss Cross-Bow Slingshot’ That Shoots Almost Anything
- Is There a Video of an African Throwing Spear Being Turned Into a Homemade, Giant Crossbow? You Better Believe It!
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 577 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 513 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 492 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 383 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 335 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 307 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 264 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 148 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California Read More
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- Penguins rip Ottawa 6-2, move to conference finals
- NKorean envoy delivers letter to China's president
- Sanchez loses no-hit bid in 9th, Tigers beat Twins
- Zimmermann wins 8th; Nationals top Phillies 5-2
- Ex-Guatemala president extradited to US
- Calif. teen takes supermodel to prom
- Kuchar leads Colonial when 2nd round suspended
- Judge: Ariz. sheriff's office profiles Latinos