There’s Nothing Better Than Watching a Firecracker Blow Up Inside Jello in Slow Motion
- Who: The Slingshot Channel guy we know and love, Joerg Sprave, complete with a Count Dracula-like laugh in this episode.
- What: Slingshots, explosive firecrackers, gelatin and a bayonet.
- Where: Probably his backyard.
- When: New Years Eve (when else would explosive slingshot shooting being merited?)
- Why: Sprave does things like this because he’s a genius. TheBlaze is posting it because it’s Friday and, well, why not? Have you ever seen a firecracker shot from a slingshot into a brick of Jello before? We didn’t think so.
Now, before we get to the wiggly action of what it looks like to shoot a firecracker into gelatin, Sprave tests shooting the explosive straight up, at a 45 degree angle and into a catch box. From there, he tailors it to have a tip that would help it penetrate the object at which it was shot.
Then, enters the yellow-colored gelatin. The crack the explosive makes is surprisingly loud and it’s super satisfying to watch the action in slow motion.
“Wow, that was pretty good. Nice to see the flames inside the gelatin,” Sprave said.
You think Sprave would leave it at that? No way. He has another block of gelatin, which he sticks with six firecrackers at one time. As if the gelatin hadn’t been tortured enough, Sprave then slams a bayonet through it.
Watch the video for yourself to see the gelatin and explosives in all their slow-mo glory:
- Here’s the Homemade, Stink Bomb-Throwing Crossbow Slingshot That Tackles an Important Problem
- Ever Wonder How Slingshots Were Made Before Rubber Bands? This Guy Shows You
- ‘One of My Favorite Ammo’: YouTube Weapons Creator Is Back With a Pistol That Fires Steel Darts
- See the ‘Blunderbuss Cross-Bow Slingshot’ That Shoots Almost Anything
- Is There a Video of an African Throwing Spear Being Turned Into a Homemade, Giant Crossbow? You Better Believe It!
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 508 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 459 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 443 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 324 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 323 Comments
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer Read More
- This Is How Texas Politicians Are Fighting Against the Atheist-Led ‘War on Christmas’ Read More
- ‘Unbelievable’: Apparent Thief Leaves $140 & Apology Note on Family’s Doorstep — Find Out Why Read More
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 252 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ 146 Comments
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 116 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Lenovo says quarterly profit up 90 percent
- Japan stocks dive after benchmark bond yield spike
- Malaysian charged with sedition, 2 more arrested
- 2011 jail breaks become political issue in Egypt
- Asia shares slide, Nikkei down 7.3 percent, as Japan bond yields rise, China factories weaken
- Japan bond yields jump following Fed comments
- Submerged structure stumps Israeli archaeologists
- Police: Car bomb kills 12 in southwest Pakistan