Lance Armstrong Reportedly Considering Fessing Up to Drug Use
Cycling star Lance Armstrong is considering admitting to doping charges that stripped him of his seven Tour de France titles and earned him a lifetime ban, the New York Times reported Friday.
Armstrong “has told associates and antidoping officials that he is considering publicly admitting that he used banned performance-enhancing drugs and blood transfusions during his cycling career,” anonymous sources with “direct knowledge of the situation” told the Times. Armstrong would do it “because he wants to persuade antidoping officials to restore his eligibility so he can resume his athletic career.”
Armstrong has for years denied ever doping, but saw his athletic career collapse in October after a huge report from the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency detailed allegations of his drug use. Armstrong announced he was finished denying antidoping officials’ charges, calling their investigation an “unconstitutional witch hunt.” He lost most of his sponsors and stepped down from Livestrong, the charity he founded after surviving testicular cancer.
Armstrong attorney Tim Herman told the Associated Press he had no knowledge of whether the cyclist was considering a public confession, saying only: “When, and if, Lance has something to say, there won’t be any secret about it.”
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 507 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 468 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 463 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 323 Comments
- ‘War in London Tonight’: Rioters Clash With Police Over ‘Cleaver’ Terror Attack (Plus: Read About Hero Mother Who Reportedly Confronted Killers) 293 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 113 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Church vs. State Complaint Leads City to Remove Christian Crosses on Water Tower — Now See What They’ve Been Replaced With 212 Comments
- Faith-Healing Parents Charged With Murder for Refusing Kids’ Medical Care — Should They Go to Prison? 145 Comments
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 116 Comments
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- How Would a 3D-Printed Shotgun Slug Hold Up? Here’s the Test Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 130 Comments
- What vitally important issue is the NY state legislature debating?
- Feel-good story of the day: 3D printers aren’t just for guns
- Obama admin becomes ABC’s ‘Scandal’
- Was Gibson Guitar raid another example of political targeting by Obama DOJ?
- Code Pink protester pretended to be journalist so she could heckle Obama
- Rare Superman comic found in house insulation
- Barrick fined $16m for Pascua-Lama violations
- Suspect in killing of officer found dead in cell
- Jersey shore eyes record-setting summer post Sandy
- 16 hurt in shuttle bus crash near Atlanta airport
- Obama's drone speech could improve Pakistan ties
- Iran presidential candidate vows to resist West
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted, 2 men arrested