Alex Jones Goes Ballistic Debating Gun Control With Piers Morgan: ’1776 Will Commence Again If You Try to Take Our Firearms!’
The White House petition to “deport” CNN host Piers Morgan from the United States has acquired more than 100,000 signatures. For his own reasons, Morgan invited the man behind the petition, Infowars’ Alex Jones, to discuss the reason for the petition and gun control on his show Monday night.
At many times throughout the segment, Jones got heated and began hollering about the seriousness of the threat to the Second Amendment. He said he created the petition to bring attention to the fact that we have “all these foreigners” arguing for gun control while the government stockpiles guns.
“When they get our guns they can have their world tyranny, while the government buys 1.6 billion bullets, armored vehicles, tanks, helicopters, predator drones,” he added. “The Second Amendment isn’t there for duck hunting, it’s there to protect us from tyrannical government and street thugs.”
Getting himself worked up, Jones quickly lost his cool.
“Britain took the guns…Hitler took the guns, Stalin took the guns, Mao took the guns, Fidel Castro took the guns, Hugo Chavez took the guns,” he said, raising his voice and pointing a finger at the CNN host. “And I’m here to tell you. 1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms! It doesn’t matter how many lemmings you have out there on the street begging for them to have their guns taken. We will not relinquish them. Do you understand?”
After Jones accused the U.S. government of giving citizens “suicide mass murder pills,” Morgan asked him how many gun murders there were in the U.S. last year.
Jones quickly replied, “11,458 and about 74 percent of those were gang-related.” However, he quickly mocked the CNN host with his own question: “How many great white sharks kill people every year but are afraid to swim?”
Jones continually interrupted Morgan, making it difficult for a serious debate to occur. “You are a hatchet man of the new world order,” Jones spat at Morgan.
Once he found an opening, Morgan explained that Britain had just 35 gun-related murders last year compared to America’s 11,458. Jones argued it isn’t the “gun” that is killing people, it’s the criminals. In other words, a criminal will find a way to kill with a knife or a metal rod if guns aren’t available. He cited Britain’s high overall violent crime rate to make his point.
Watch part one of the interview:
And part two:
On Monday, White House Press Secretary Jay Carney responded to the petition to deport Morgan.
“The White House responds to all petitions that cross the threshold and we will respond to this one. In the meantime, it is worth remembering that the freedom of expression is a bedrock principle in our democracy,” Carney said.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 508 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 470 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 424 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 391 Comments
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 382 Comments
- ‘I Swear I Will Kill You…F**k You’: Conservative Comedian Gets Death Threats Following Anti-Muhammad Video 113 Comments
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control 211 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack 142 Comments
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 109 Comments
- Emails Released: Congress Was Asking for Updates on IG’s IRS Audit Before 2012 Election Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 129 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- JC Chandor gains a Cannes hit with 'All Is Lost'
- Britain braces for possible copycat attacks
- Jury in Arias case gives up after no consensus
- Syrian state media: Rebels attack prison in north
- I-5 bridge collapse survivor: 'You hold on'
- No guarantee of peace, NKorean envoy warns China
- German business confidence unexpectedly rebounds
- Syrian govt to take part in peace conference