Have You Heard There Will Be a ‘Gun Appreciation Day’?
Conservatives and gun rights advocates are coalescing for a pre-inaugural event that is being dubbed “Gun Appreciation Day” (GAD). Planned for Jan. 19, the pro-Second Amendment initiative will take place just two days before President Barack Obama officially commences his second term.
Much like the actions urged by organizers of “Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day” and “Hobby Lobby Appreciation Day,” two recent initiatives launched by right-of-center advocates, those behind the firearms effort are urging supporters to head to gun stores, shows and ranges to open their wallets in support of gun rights. The event is a essentially a protest against what is perceived as too-much government intervention in the wake of the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre.
In a press release announcing the effort, the coalition urged supporters to line up “around the block” in a joint effort to rail against planned federal restrictions on guns. Organizers expect to reach more than 50 million Americans in the next two weeks on the Internet, via mailings and through television and radio appearances.
“The Obama administration has shown that it is more than willing to trample the
Constitution to impose its dictates upon the American people,” Larry Ward, chairman of GAD and president of Political Media, Inc., said in the statement.
Ward also warned Americans against taking no action to curb what the GAD coalition sees as a crackdown on constitutional rights.
“If the American people don’t fight back now, Obama will do [to] the Second Amendment what he has already done to the First with Obamacare – gut it without a moment’s thought to our basic constitutional rights,” he added.
Some of the current organizations involved in the growing collective are as follows: Second Amendment Foundation, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, Special Operations Speaks, Revolution PAC, Citizens and Country, Social Security Institute, Committee to Draft Judge Andrew Napolitano, Conservative Action Alerts, Women Warriors PAC, Conservative Action Fund, and Political Media, Inc.
In an e-mail to TheBlaze, Ward said that the initiative will likely make an impact on politicians who wish to restrict individual rights. The chairman noted that he hopes GAD will, “Strike the fear of God in the gun-grabbing politicians on both sides of the aisle when millions of Americans celebrate their Second Amendment rights in force.”
Will you participate in GAD? Take the poll, below:
For more about the initiative, go to the official GAD web site.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 514 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 460 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 445 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 324 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 324 Comments
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer Read More
- This Is How Texas Politicians Are Fighting Against the Atheist-Led ‘War on Christmas’ Read More
- ‘Unbelievable’: Apparent Thief Leaves $140 & Apology Note on Family’s Doorstep — Find Out Why Read More
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 256 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ 146 Comments
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 116 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Oil falls below $93 as China manufacturing weakens
- Crane accident cuts power to one-third of Vietnam
- IMF head Lagarde in court in fraud probe
- Simultaneous car bomb attacks in Niger
- Man shot by FBI had spoken with bombing suspect
- 5 dead in Lebanon clash of Assad foes, backers
- Japan stocks dive as benchmark bond yield spikes
- Malaysian charged with sedition, 3 more arrested