NBC Chief Warns Trump Over Political Statements: If He Crosses a Line or Becomes ‘Somehow Hurtful,’ We May Take Action
Business mogul Donald Trump has grown increasingly vocal in recent years about his political inclinations, appearing as a frequent panelist on Fox News and often weighing in on the most pressing issues on Twitter.
Critics have not appreciated Trump’s continued criticism of the Obama administration, in particular, with some even calling for his show, “The Apprentice,” to be yanked off NBC.
NBC chief Bob Greenblatt is addressing those criticisms, essentially saying Trump is safe for now but has been put on notice.
A top NBC exec says officials talked him out of running for president but that if Trump were to “cross a line,” they’d reevaluate his standing with the network.
“I don’t think what he’s doing in his personal life is going to corrupt what is happening on the show,” NBC entertainment chairman Robert Greenblatt said at a critics panel, according to Entertainment Weekly on Sunday.
He continued: “That said, if he becomes somehow hurtful or says or does things that cross a line, we would figure out what to do about that.”
Trump recently switched gears and blasted Republicans for their handling of the “fiscal cliff” deal, saying they held “all the cards” and are the “worst” negotiators he’s ever seen, Politico adds.
“I’m so disappointed in their negotiating ability and what happened recently,” he said on Fox. “They could’ve wrapped up a big, beautiful package that would’ve been great for the country, but they didn’t choose to do it. Instead they’re going step-by-step and losing every step of the way…The Republicans are being eaten alive, step by step.”
- Trump Calls for ‘Revolution’ After Obama Win: We Are in ‘Serious and Unprecedented Trouble…Like Never Before’
- Whoops! ‘Meet the Press’ Debt Clock Off by Over $3 Trillion
- Exclusive: Trump Lambastes Obama for Missing Deadline, Claims He Could Have Given Money to ‘Victims of Benghazi’ or Hurricane Sandy
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 463 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 440 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 317 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 256 Comments
- Incredible: The Moment a Woman’s Dog Emerges from Rubble During TV Interview Right After She Describes Losing Him 231 Comments
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance Read More
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 180 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? 102 Comments
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 122 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) 104 Comments
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 140 Comments
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Mortar lands in Congo as UN chief arrives
- Zimbabwe's president signs new constitution
- Garcetti elected Los Angeles mayor over Greuel
- South Sudan warns it may shut down oil flow again
- Iran's Ahmadinejad denounces election decision
- Czech president settles dispute over gay rights
- Vatican releases 1st report of financial watchdog
- UK eyes giving visas to 600 Afghan interpreters