‘Al Gore Is Nothing but a Bulls***ter’: Current TV Staffers Reportedly Irate Over Network’s Sale to ‘Big Oil’
Even if you believe that climate change is a hoax, it’s hard to deny that things are heating up over at Current TV. In the wake of the network’s sale to Al Jazeera, The New York Post is reporting that some of Gore’s former staff members have less-than-favorable words for the company’s co-founder, who profited handsomely from Current’s sale (he will allegedly walk away with $100 million).
After the first, official staff gathering with their new parent company, at least one Current employee sounded off to media. While Gore was absent from the meeting, which was held in San Francisco and teleconferenced to offices in Los Angeles and New York, his partner, Joel Hyatt, was apparently there alongside the new Al Jazeera bosses, reports The New York Post’s Linda Stasi.
Along with Hyatt, two executives from the parent company, Ehab Al Shihabi (executive director of international operations) and Muftah AlSuwaidan (general manager of Al Jazeera’s London bureau) led the discussion. Current staffers were apparently told that the new network’s mission will be to “inform, inspire and entertain” — a three-pronged approach that will include a mixture of news and entertainment. Al Jazeera is slated to take over Current in April.
According to Stasi, the meeting was calm, but sources who were there — and who spoke off-the-record — were less than pleased with Gore. One individual who is described in the Post report as a “high-placed Current staffer” said, “Of course Al didn’t show up. He has no credibility.” This particular individual seemed particularly angry over the former vice-president’s decision to accept an offer from a network that is owned by the government of Qatar — a nation known for its vast oil reserves.
“He’s supposed to be the face of clean energy and just sold [Current] to very big oil, the emir of Qatar!,” the source exclaimed. “Current never even took big oil advertising—and Al Gore, that bulls***ter sells to the emir?”
And this source wasn’t done there, as he or she had plenty more Gore-bashing to do. In fact, the person spoke for the entire Current TV staff in claiming that the former politician is seen now as a phony who doesn’t stick by his word.
“We all know now that Al Gore is nothing but a bulls***ter,” the source continued. ”Al was always lecturing us about green. He kept his word about green all right—as in cold, hard cash!”
Clearly, Current’s staff — or at least a portion of it — isn’t happy. And considering all of Gore’s past talk about green energy, their frustration over the sale to Al Jazeera is understandable.
(H/T: New York Post)
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 488 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 474 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 466 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 374 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 331 Comments
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control 121 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 225 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack 107 Comments
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer 109 Comments
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! Read More
- Emails Released: Congress Was Asking for Updates on IG’s IRS Audit Before 2012 Election Read More
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 120 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Permit requirements shut down another kid’s lemonade stand — but it’s not what you think
- Video: Introducing ‘ConservoTax,’ the first tax software made for Republicans
- Watch the other hand: Immigration reform advances under cover of scandals
- Bill O’Reilly counts calories, orders salad at fried-food restaurant
- ‘Middle class champion’ Elizabeth Warren joins Senate Millionaires Club
- Muslim hardliners ID London terror suspect
- Cannes crime: 2nd jewel theft during film festival
- James, Bryant voted to All-NBA first team
- Coded goal: RG3 still aiming for Redskins' opener
- Tea party storm largely inside IRS _ so far
- Israel says Iran unaffected by world pressure
- House backs variable rate student loans
- Obama condemns 'appalling attack' on UK soldier