Former U.S. Marine Vs. Piers Morgan on Guns: ‘We Can’t Give Up Our Rights Because We’re Afraid’
Fresh off his crazy interview with Alex Jones, CNN’s Piers Morgan hosted former U.S. Marine Joshua Boston on Tuesday to continue the debate over whether America needs stricter gun laws to address violent crime. Boston’s scathing letter to Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) regarding her strict gun control proposals, titled “No Ma’am,” went viral last week.
Boston said more gun laws is not what the country needs — It needs more firearms in the hands responsible gun owners.
“Where does that lead America to, other than utter Wild West hell,” Morgan later asked.
Boston calmly replied, “They said this was going to happen whenever Texas instituted its concealed handgun laws, and it hasn’t happened.” The former marine went on to say that there were concealed carry permit holders at several shootings, including the Tucson, Ariz. shooting that injured Rep. Gabby Giffords, but they did not draw and start firing their guns wildly.
“The American people aren’t as gun happy and as trigger happy as they are being made out to be by the media,” he said. “They are smarter than that. They know when to hold their fire, they know when to fire. And we can increase the chances of success for these people who get caught in these situations, for their survival, by education. We’ve got to stop making this a taboo subject to everyone because its scary.”
“We can’t give up our rights because we’re afraid,” Boston said.
To that, Morgan replied, “I believe the rights of a 6 or 7-year-old child to go to school without the fear of being murdered” are more important than other rights.
Boston then noted that the previous assault weapons ban didn’t stop Columbine from happening. Congress will never be able to legislate bad people from doing bad things, he explained.
Watch the segment via CNN/Mediaite below:
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 508 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 470 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 424 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 391 Comments
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 381 Comments
- ‘I Swear I Will Kill You…F**k You’: Conservative Comedian Gets Death Threats Following Anti-Muhammad Video 112 Comments
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control 211 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack 142 Comments
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 109 Comments
- Emails Released: Congress Was Asking for Updates on IG’s IRS Audit Before 2012 Election Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 129 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Syria govt to take part in peace conference
- Quick's LA Kings put Sharks on brink with 3-0 win
- Some unions now angry about health care overhaul
- IRS replaces official who revealed targeting
- Obama balances threats against Americans' rights
- Colonial member Palmer has 1st-round lead with 62
- Rangers top Bruins in OT, force Game 5 in Boston
- Blackhawks hope to rally from 3-1 series deficit