MSNBC Host: GOP Refuses to Work With President Obama Because of ‘Negrophobia’
Georgetown University professor and MSNBC regular Michael Eric Dyson during a Tuesday broadcast of “Now With Alex Wagner” said that Republicans would continue to block and obstruct President Obama’s agenda because of racism.
It can’t be that they disagree with the president’s policies. It can’t be that they disagree with his political worldview. It can’t be that they are simply responding to the will of their constituents.
“Never underestimate the visceral intensity or the poetic allure of negrophobia,” Dyson told the panel. “They are completely committed to that. That’s what Obama is facing.”
Watch the video via MSNBC/Mediaite below:
Outside of Bloomberg’s Josh Greene’s somewhat surprised reaction, the “negrophobia” comment went unchallenged.
Exit Question: MSNBC strives to “reflect” its viewers’ world, network president Phil Griffin said last week in an interview with Mediaite’s Tommy Christopher.
Naturally, this would involve hiring and scheduling guests who, apparently, speak to the network’s audience.
But if people like prof. Dyson are brought in only to assert the supposed racism of the GOP, which is really all he does, then does this mean that MSNBC’s audience is equally obsessed with racial issues?
Follow Becket Adams (@BecketAdams) on Twitter
Featured image courtesy Getty Images.
(H/T: Tommy Christopher)
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 842 Comments
- White House: ‘Irrelevant Fact’ Where Obama Was During Benghazi 348 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 271 Comments
- CNN Poll: Obama’s Approval Rating Unchanged Since Scandals Hit 241 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 220 Comments
- Beck and Mercury One Head to Oklahoma to Launch Tornado Relief Effort Read More
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 163 Comments
- Israeli Motorists Shocked When Nazi Flag Seen Flying Near Palestinian Mosque Read More
- Did Christian Prayers at Gov’t Meetings in This NY Town Violate the Constitution? 177 Comments
- ‘In the End, Everything Will Be Claimed’: Creator of First 3D-Printed Gun Highlights Creeping Gov’t Control of Technology Read More
- Sebelius’ Controversial Fundraising Efforts Raise Concerns, Allegedly Chase Away Potential Donors Read More
- See All the Viral Backlash Abercrombie & Fitch Has Received for Its CEO’s Comments From Years Ago That Resurfaced Again Read More
- Is This the ‘Smoking Gun’ That Ties the IRS Scandal to the White House? 182 Comments
- Monday Morning Market Roundup: Not Off to Such a Great Start Read More
- This Teen’s Invention Means You Could Charge Your Cellphone in Less Than 30 Seconds Read More
- One of the Most Unlikely Animals Being Trained to Hunt Land Mines Read More
- Woman Who Lost All Limbs to Flesh-Eating Bacteria Gets $200K Bionic Arms Read More
- Why Are These Zoo Keepers Baffled by This Anteater’s Babies? Read More
- Largest Lunar Explosion in NASA History Caught on Video 139 Comments
- Who Has More Viewers…President Obama’s Weekly Address Or The Daily Blazecast?
- Most people don’t think the DOJ was trying to bully the media by secretly taking reporters’ phone records
- Greta Van Susteren says DOJ ‘lucky’ they didn’t hack her emails
- Media Matters has no idea what to do with itself right now
- Caption that photo!: the winner
- In tornado's wake, worried parents seek out kids
- Chinese fishing boat, crew released by North Korea
- Head of embattled G4S security force retires
- Justin Bieber's monkey to become German property
- AP photographer describes destroyed Okla. school
- Former IRS commissioner heads to Hill amid scandal
- Policy, discretion guide media sources probes
- Roadside bomb kills 6 policemen in Afghanistan