Poll Reveals Hilarious Things People Like More Than Congress: Root Canals, Cockroaches, Genghis Khan…
A poll released on January 8 by Public Policy Polling reveals a hilarious list of all the unpleasant things that people apparently like more than the current Congress– including root canals, lice, and Genghis Khan. And it didn’t happen through an obscure list-making process, or a statistical deduction that gathered answers no one was aware they were giving.
People were directly asked: “What do you have a higher opinion of: Congress or cockroaches?”
And so it went, “What do you have a higher opinion of: Congress or…?” for roughly 25 questions.
Unbelievably, a total of 830 people surveyed between January 3 and January 6– just after the fiscal cliff deal– said they liked a number of detested creatures and institutions more than the U.S. Congress.
In the end, the Washington Times writes, “Congress is less popular than carnies, root canals and colonoscopies, but more popular than the ebola virus, meth labs and gonorrhea.”
According to Public Policy Polling, here is a list of things people now like more than Congress (all numbers in percentages, and do not include “not sure” responses):
- Root canals (56-32)
- NFL replacement refs (56-29)
- Lice (67-19)
- Nickelback (39-32)
- Colonoscopies (58-31)
- Carnies (39-31)
- Traffic Jams (56-34)
- Cockroaches (45-43)
- Genghis Khan (41-37)
- Used Car Salesmen (57-32)
- Brussels Sprouts (69-23)
Washington, D.C. political pundits were slightly more liked than Congress, by a slim margin of 3 percent.
So what could people possibly dislike even more than Congress, considering the above list?
Well…telemarketers…John Edwards…and the Kardashians.
Here are a few things people dislike even more than Congress, via Public Policy Polling:
- Telemarketers (45-35)
- John Edwards (45-29)
- The Kardashians (49-36)
- Lobbyists (48-30)
- North Korea (61-26)
- The Ebola virus (53-25)
- Lindsay Lohan (45-41)
- Fidel Castro (54-32)
- Playground bullies (43-38)
- Meth labs (60-21)
- Communism (57-23)
- Gonorrhea (53-28)
“We all know Congress is unpopular,” Dean Debnam, the President of Public Policy Polling commented. “But the fact that voters like it even less than cockroaches, lice, and Genghis Khan really shows how far its esteem has fallen with the American public over the last few weeks.”
Overall, just 9 percent of people say they approve of Congress, compared to 85 percent who disapprove. The estimated margin of error is +/- 3.4 percentage points.
Click here to see the full results of Public Policy Polling’s survey.
(H/T: Washington Times)
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 506 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 469 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 406 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 391 Comments
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 328 Comments
- ‘I Swear I Will Kill You…F**k You’: Conservative Comedian Gets Death Threats Following Anti-Muhammad Video 105 Comments
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control 205 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack 141 Comments
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 104 Comments
- Emails Released: Congress Was Asking for Updates on IG’s IRS Audit Before 2012 Election Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 129 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- I-5 bridge collapses in NW Wash.; people in water
- Japan's PM Abe defends policies as markets settle
- Francona manages at Fenway for 1st time since 2011
- Avalanche hire Patrick Roy as coach
- Red Wings top Blackhawks 2-0, take 3-1 series lead
- GOP's Walker touts state ties during trip to Iowa
- Brown hounded for calling Manila 'gates of hell'
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty; retrial set