Wife of Hamas Politician Says Woman’s Role Is to Instill Love of Jihad and Martyrdom in Her Children
A Palestinian woman named Umm Osama, the wife of Hamas Member of Parliament Khalil Al-Hayya, says in a television interview that a woman’s role is to instill a love of jihad and martyrdom in her children.
In an interview that was originally broadcast last month, which the Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI) has now translated, Umm Osama said:
Women in Palestine play a great role in raising their children and in encouraging them to wage Jihad for the sake of Allah. This is absolutely the most glorious thing a woman can do. Women play their role and are not inferior to men. When a man goes to wage Jihad, his wife does not say “Don’t go” or try to stop him. She encourages and supports him. She is the one who prepares his equipment, bids him farewell, and welcomes [his Jihad].
She instills in her children the love of Jihad and martyrdom for the sake of Allah. If every mother were to prevent her son from waging Jihad for the sake of Allah, who would wage Jihad? Who would support Palestine? Palestine is dear to us, and its price is paid with our body remains and our lifeblood.
Is not Allah’s reward precious? Allah’s reward is Paradise. Paradise requires from us our blood, our body remains, and our efforts for its sake.[...]
Sister, Jihad is ordained for us. It is our duty to wage Jihad, because either we wage Jihad or…
Interviewer: We want to die as martyrs.
Umm Osama: Indeed we do. I am constantly praying: “Allah, make the end of our days be in martyrdom.” I pray for this even for my husband and my children. None of us want to die in our beds. We pray that Allah will grant us Paradise.
The interview originally aired on Al-Aqsa TV, the official Hamas television station that is based in Gaza.
In November, two Al-Aqsa TV cameramen were killed in an Israeli air raid on Gaza during the escalation in violence in which Hamas and Islamic Jihad terrorists rained more than 1,500 rockets and missiles at Israeli towns.
Watch the translated interview clip courtesy of MEMRI:
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 600 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 523 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 412 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 342 Comments
- Church vs. State Complaint Leads City to Remove Christian Crosses on Water Tower — Now See What They’ve Been Replaced With 299 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 297 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 154 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? 101 Comments
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California Read More
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- UK zookeeper dies from tiger attack injuries
- Saudi Arabia warns against Iran's nuclear program
- Nico Rosberg takes pole position for Monaco GP
- David Beckham's soccer career officially over
- 2-child limit for Muslims in parts of Myanmar
- Syria regime unleashes artillery barrage on Qusair
- Balloons bring smiles in war-weary Afghan capital
- A list of previous Palme d'Or winners at Cannes