Concealed Carry Holder Teaches Armed Robber Why It’s a Bad Idea to Pull a Gun on a Dad
A father in Columbus, Ohio was forced to defend himself and his 2-month-old son when a man pulled a gun and attempted to rob him on Monday night. Luckily, Kelby Smith, 34, owns a permit to carry a concealed handgun and was able to shoot the robber.
Smith told police that he was sitting in his brother’s driveway just before 9 p.m. when the armed robber approached him. The man held a gun to the father’s head while his 2-month-old son sat in a car carrier. Instinctively, the dad shielded the child from the robber’s gun.
Smith handed over all the money he had and the robber and took off on foot, but then reportedly pointed the gun back at the father and his baby, according WBNS-TV.
Smith then pulled out his legal handgun, for which he has a concealed carry permit, and fired at the suspect. While the robber still got away, a man fitting the description of the suspect arrived at Mount Carmel West Hospital with a gunshot wound shortly after the incident.
WBNS-TV has more:
Police later confirmed that Smith’s concealed weapons permit was valid and determined he used his firearm in self-defense. The man in the hospital will face charges if police determine he is the robbery suspect.
Smith and his child were not injured in the robbery.
(H/T: Weasel Zippers)
Featured image via shutterstock.com
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 1,000 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 441 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 394 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 293 Comments
- Piers Morgan and Bill Nye Speculate on Climate Change’s Role in Deadly Okla. Twister 197 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? Read More
- Boston Cardinal Snubs Irish PM Over Abortion Support Read More
- Incredible: The Moment a Woman’s Dog Emerges from Rubble During TV Interview Right After She Describes Losing Him 165 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 196 Comments
- Here’s the Inspirational Story of an American Flag Hanging Amid the Oklahoma Tornado’s Destruction Read More
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) Read More
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth Read More
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- Ex-IRS Chief: I Have no Idea How This Conservative Targeting Happened Read More
- Treasury Sec. Ready to Deploy ‘Extraordinary Measures’ as U.S. Hits Debt Limit (Again) Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- This Teen’s Invention Means You Could Charge Your Cellphone in Less Than 30 Seconds 104 Comments
- New Egypt tax law: cuts for poor, business hikes
- Apple's Cook faces Senate questions on taxes
- JPMorgan's Dimon survives shareholder referendum
- Clippers won't offer Del Negro new deal as coach
- Stocks gain on reassurance from a top Fed official
- Lawyer: No background check done on Jackson doctor
- AP photographer sees kids pulled from Okla. school
- The pope and the devil: Is Francis an exorcist?