FreedomWorks Head Matt Kibbe Addresses GOP Division and Dick Armey’s Recent Split on ‘Real News’
It’s no secret that many Americans are frustrated with our lawmakers in Washington and their inability to get anything done without drawn-out, petty clashes that leave no one satisfied. Over the last four years we’ve gone from one showdown to another, from Cap-n-trade to health care reform to the debt crisis to fights over the Farm Bill to the Fiscal Cliff, and now a new debt ceiling showdown to start 2013.
The chaos, for better or worse, has weakened our political parties and their ability to bring members to a consensus, as well as given way to indulgences into the politically absurd. This week some are really debating whether minting a $1 trillion coin could be the answer to our problems.
On “Real News” Monday, the panel discussed this new era of “do-or-die politics,” and if these constant last minute showdowns on Capitol Hill are producing any positive results. The panel was also joined by Matt Kibbe of FreedomWorks to discuss the clash between new guard and old guard in the GOP, as well as the recent power struggles amongst Tea Party and conservative grassroots organizations, including the much publicized departure of Dick Armey from Kibbe’s own organization.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 481 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 450 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 434 Comments
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 333 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 319 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ Read More
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Church vs. State Complaint Leads City to Remove Christian Crosses on Water Tower — Now See What They’ve Been Replaced With 139 Comments
- Faith-Healing Parents Charged With Murder for Refusing Kids’ Medical Care — Should They Go to Prison? Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 114 Comments
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- How Would a 3D-Printed Shotgun Slug Hold Up? Here’s the Test Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 130 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- 3 al-Qaida members, 2 soldiers dead in Yemen clash
- Some damage reported from 5.7 quake in N. Calif.
- Obama: Sexual assault threatens trust in military
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted, 2 men arrested
- Hurricane center: Beware of the storm surge
- Kid Rock, Rolling Stones on scalping, summer tours
- News Corp. board approves split, stock buyback