Glenn Beck Wants to Change the Way You Look at Commercials and Advertisements
As the week unfolds with new components of Glenn Beck’s American Dream Labs being revealed each night, Beck took Wednesday evening to delve into the pitfalls of traditional advertising and the negative impact it can have on viewers. With this in mind, Beck hopes to rework how advertising is both produced and consumed on TheBlaze.
With an understanding that advertising can be both an annoyance and intrusion, Beck also acknowledged the fact that small businesses, and small press both need advertising in order to survive So, how does one address this conundrum?
“Why” and “community” are the two words Beck points to as his “compass points” in moving forward with his business.
In terms of advertising, Beck said that people need to address quality in production.
TiVos and DVRs are problematic in that people do skip over commercials. Given that commercials are the life-blood of the network, they treat them like the “ugly step child.”
However, Beck said he understands that in order to build an entire network, the revenue is needed.
Beck then talked about his strategy for reinventing commercials. To illustrate, he drew on the famous couple Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz. While many considered Ball the brains behind the dynamic duo (and she was in terms of comedic talent), according to Beck, Desi Arnaz knew how the television industry really worked. He was the first person to truly implement (not invent) the three-camera “Desi shoot” that is still used today in most production work.
Beck said he was hopes to start an entirely new department that focuses solely on producing in-house, high-quality commercials that viewers are actually interested in. Beck plans to implement a two-week long pilot of original commercial programming in March during the normally allocated advertising breaks to see how his audience likes the new model.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 496 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 477 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 467 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 381 Comments
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 317 Comments
- ‘I Swear I Will Kill You…F**k You’: Conservative Comedian Gets Death Threats Following Anti-Muhammad Video Read More
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control 175 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 300 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack 124 Comments
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! Read More
- Emails Released: Congress Was Asking for Updates on IG’s IRS Audit Before 2012 Election Read More
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 121 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Stocks end lower as investors reassess Fed worries
- NASA head views progress on asteroid lasso mission
- Pandora posts in-line 1Q loss, upbeat sales
- Coded goal: RG3 still aiming for Redskins' opener
- Body of 2nd child found in deadly Minn. landslide
- David Beckham bids au revoir to soccer
- Gap's 1st-quarter profits rises 43 percent
- Committee hits stretch run for NY-NJ Super Bowl