Man Behind One of YouTube’s Most Popular Gun Channels Found Shot in the Head
A man who helped orchestrate one of YouTube’s top ten channels was found dead Thursday from a bullet wound to the head, according to news reports.
The YouTube channel, called FPS Russia, is almost entirely devoted to different sorts of weaponry, particularly guns.
32-year-old Keith Ratliff was inside his office building at FPS Industries when killed, according to Fox 5, and authorities are treating the death as a homicide.
Levi Fox, a neighbor of Ratliff’s, said he couldn’t believe the news. He described the popular YouTube channel, which has more than half a billion views: “He just takes really big guns and blows stuff up with them…shoots them and introduces a lot of people to new types of guns.”
Ratliff didn’t often appear in the videos, doing more of the “behind the scenes” work, but would occasionally drop in to lend his expertise.
The official FPS Facebook page posted this message after the news was released:
Ratliff’s wife Amanda mourns the loss of her husband– knowing that their two-year-old son will grow up without his father– but is also determined to discover the truth.
LEX 18 has more on the family’s efforts to get to the bottom of the tragedy:
“You know, it just doesn’t really add up,” Amanda says.
“It seems that the way the whole thing unfolded, there was no forced entry and things like that,” says Kelly Ratliff, Keith’s brother.
What happened leaves Kelly asking two big questions:
“Who and why? For a person to take somebody else’s life, I mean why?”
Investigators told a Georgia newspaper Ratliff was shot once in the head, and had been dead for some time when he was found.
Kelly Ratliff says his brother always carried a gun to protect himself:
“For him not to pull out that gun and try to defend himself, he had to feel comfortable around somebody. Either that or he was ambushed.”
Keith’s family says they won’t stop pressuring investigators to figure out what happened.
“We all want to know and we all want justice to be done,” Amanda says. “He had way to much to look forward to in his life.”
Ratliff’s LinkedIn account describes his role with FPS Industries: “I provide firearms industry related information and details related to the marketing and viral marketing content produced by FPS Industries.”
Here is Fox 5′s entire news report:
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 880 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 332 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 322 Comments
- CNN Poll: Obama’s Approval Rating Unchanged Since Scandals Hit 243 Comments
- Report: Obama Administration Apologizes for Another National Security Leak 214 Comments
- Here’s the Inspirational Story of an American Flag Hanging Amid the Oklahoma Tornado’s Destruction Read More
- Beck and Mercury One Head to Oklahoma to Launch Tornado Relief Effort Read More
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 191 Comments
- Israeli Motorists Shocked When Nazi Flag Seen Flying Near Palestinian Mosque Read More
- ‘In the End, Everything Will Be Claimed’: Creator of First 3D-Printed Gun Highlights Creeping Gov’t Control of Technology Read More
- Sebelius’ Controversial Fundraising Efforts Raise Concerns, Allegedly Chase Away Potential Donors Read More
- See All the Viral Backlash Abercrombie & Fitch Has Received for Its CEO’s Comments From Years Ago That Resurfaced Again Read More
- Is This the ‘Smoking Gun’ That Ties the IRS Scandal to the White House? 187 Comments
- Monday Morning Market Roundup: Not Off to Such a Great Start Read More
- Man Catches Record-Setting, 128-Pound Python With His Bare Hands Read More
- This Teen’s Invention Means You Could Charge Your Cellphone in Less Than 30 Seconds Read More
- One of the Most Unlikely Animals Being Trained to Hunt Land Mines Read More
- Woman Who Lost All Limbs to Flesh-Eating Bacteria Gets $200K Bionic Arms Read More
- Why Are These Zoo Keepers Baffled by This Anteater’s Babies? Read More
- Tuesday morning must-reads
- Oklahoman: ‘Have mercy — once again — on Oklahoma, O Lord!’
- Who Has More Viewers…President Obama’s Weekly Address Or The Daily Blazecast?
- Most people don’t think the DOJ was trying to bully the media by secretly taking reporters’ phone records
- Greta Van Susteren says DOJ ‘lucky’ they didn’t hack her emails
- Medical examiner: 24 dead in Oklahoma twister
- Eminem's publisher sues Facebook over song usage
- Microsoft expected to reveal next-generation Xbox
- Montana man dies in Yosemite climbing accident
- Los Angeles picks mayor after low-drama campaign
- Easier travel ahead for Conn. commuters
- Utah police close missing mom case after 3 years
- New rice contamination reported in China