Meet the ‘Meanest Mother in Wyoming’ — Another Example of Good Parenting?
This advertisement in the Northern Wyoming Daily News is burning up the Internet and will probably end up being featured on “The Tonight Show” with Jay Leno.
The six-line ad told a powerful story:
VERY mad mother selling 16 yr. old son’s 1993 Ford Ranger. Drove 3 mos. before son forgot to use his brain and got caught driving drunk. $3500 OBO. Call meanest mother in Wyoming, 307 -2**-****.
We had to know what happened.
At first we thought the ad was too good to be true. After all, it was brought to the web by a Casper, Wyoming radio station. A dozen phone calls to the number in the ad went unanswered and the voice mailbox was full. Text messages were the only way we were able to break through and connect with Angie, the self-proclaimed “meanest mother in Wyoming.” The telephone interview that followed gave us the inside story on a used truck ad that has gone viral.
Angie is a divorced mother of two boys, 19 and 16. The youngest son is the one she said “forgot to use his brain” and ended up getting arrested for driving drunk. When her youngest turned 16, Angie bought her son the 1993 pickup truck featured in the ad. She told TheBlaze that this gift did come with a couple of conditions. He was supposed to:
- Keep his grades up
- Stay out of trouble (Angie said that her son was basically a good boy. However, he had one friend she feared might lead him astray.)
The young man was holding up his end of the bargain until New Year’s Eve.
That night, Angie was home, waiting up for her son to return from a date. When he missed his curfew (something he rarely did) she became concerned and sent him a text message. The reply she received was not typical. In fact, Angie told us that her son’s text message to her made her worry that he was intoxicated. She asked if he needed a ride home. He said “No, I’ll be home in an hour.”
Ninety minutes later, there was no sign of the boy. Like so many people, Angie’s son was caught up in the night’s revelry and ended up getting arrested for driving under the influence. The Wyoming State Police called the boy’s mother to come and get him and it was on the ride home that she decided to sell the truck to teach her son a lesson. Her ex-husband did not want her to sell the truck. She offered to let him buy it. He refused.
The next few days brought impassioned pleas from both her son and her ex-husband. Angie said that she held firm and placed the ad that ran on Wednesday in the local paper. A day later, the story hit the internet and Angie’s phone hasn’t stopped ringing.
Before the ad caught fire on the web, Angie did get a several calls from serious potential buyers, but as of Thursday night, she was still looking for a buyer.
Do you think Angie’s “tough love” parenting is appropriate or would you have given her son a second chance? Weigh-in below in the comments section and take our Blaze Poll.
TheBlaze removed the phone number from the ad.
(H/T – FM 107.9 The River)
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 575 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 510 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 490 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 376 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 334 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 290 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 257 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 146 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California Read More
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More