Viral Vid of the Day: Man Releases Mouse Into the Wild…Only to See It Snatched By a Hawk Seconds Later
It seemed to be an intrusive mouse’s lucky day. The man whose bunk the mouse chose to frequent regularly captured it live in a trash can and set it free outside, saving it from death should he have used a more traditional mouse trap.
The mouse’s freedom — after escaping from the dirty trash can — was brief, though. He didn’t even make it a 100 yards from his kind capture before being promptly snatched by a hawk.
The footage of the unfortunate turn of events posted on Reddit with the title “guy at my school attempting to release a mouse into the wild” shows the kindhearted friend in military fatigues, suggesting he might attend a military academy.
He sweetly coaxes the mouse out of the can: “come on little buddy.” And even wishes him “good luck.”
Since we know what’s coming, the next line only adds salt to the wound. His friend filming asks “how do you feel kiddo?”
“I feel relieved,” the man said, “that he’s not going to wake me up in my bed anymore, crawling on my leg. But sad, you know, I just got to know him. And, uh … oh no.
“Oh nooo! Nooo! Are you kidding me? He didn’t last five minutes. I’m a terrible person. Oh, my gosh, let’s get out of here.”
The mouse can’t really catch a break — and it was all caught on film.
Check it out:
Of course, there is always the potential with computer graphics imagery that such a scene could have been faked (like the recent viral video that made it look like an eagle swooped down and picked up a child, which turned out to be the work of film students). Let us know if you think this video is real by taking our poll.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 567 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 509 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 488 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 352 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 334 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 261 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 244 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 143 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- How Would a 3D-Printed Shotgun Slug Hold Up? Here’s the Test Read More
- Stone Temple Pilots sue ex-frontman Scott Weiland
- Sanabia : I didn't know spitter was against rules
- News Corp. OKs poison pill, buyback before split
- Toronto mayor denies he smokes crack cocaine
- Trucker bumps I-5 bridge, sees tragedy behind him
- Cochran, Perry tied for lead in Senior PGA
- Report: Yahoo, pay-TV operators among Hulu bidders
- Bayern faces Dortmund in Champions League final