Glenn Beck Predicts How the Obama Admin. Will Go About Gun Control: ‘Make No Mistake, a Fight Is Coming’
During his Monday evening broadcast, Glenn Beck predicted how he thinks the Obama administration will go about imposing stricter gun laws in the aftermath of the Sandy Hook massacre. “Make no mistake,” he said, “a fight is coming.”
Despite threats of executive orders, Beck said he believes a compromise will likely come about in terms of legislation, perhaps a ban on semi-automatic rifles or more background check requirements. He also predicted that Hollywood, perhaps along with the video game industry, will be “slapped on the wrist” and asked to include more explicit warning labels on content containing violent themes.
However, immediately after the “next tragedy” involving guns, the Obama administration may take swift and decisive action, Beck said. The president will argue that he can no longer wait for a stubborn Congress to act and will use executive orders to address gun control.
The right course in opposing such measures, according to Beck, is “to emulate Gandhi, MLK and Jesus,” in terms of peaceful resistance. At the end of the day, he believes the Constitution should be all the Americans’ guide and violence should be rejected.
Beck also discussed our current gun laws with the rate and types of violent crime being carried out around the country. He noted that in 1994, Biden wrote a now fairly infamous assault weapons ban bill, designed to reduce crime by, according to Beck, “arbitrarily outlawing specific guns and gun features.” That features included curved magazines, magazines with a capacity greater than 10 rounds and certain pistol grips among others.
“That ban failed miserably,” Beck said. It “was not renewed after 10 years…and crime rates didn’t budge.”
He believes this is due to the fact that virtually none of the gun-related crimes over this time span included the use of assault weapons. Statistics Beck cited on the program revealed that during a three year period prior to 1994, only 17 out of 7500 gun-related crimes included the use of assault rifles. Thus, to Beck, such bans, including the types of reform sought today in the wake of the Sandy Hook shooting are “based on feeling, not fact.”
Citing the politicization of tragedies like Newtown by both celebrities and politicians alike, Beck said that the public naturally then demands congress do something to remedy what they see as the problem. The facts, however, indicated that while the public actually does want stricter gun control, they do not favor an outright ban. Days after the Sandy Hook shooting a Gallup poll revealed opposition to an outright handgun ban rose to an all-time high of 74 percent while 51 percent opposed reinstating Biden’s 1994 bill. Support for stricter gun laws increased by 13 percent while support of banning gun ownership dipped by eight percent.
Beck also cited a Mother Jones article that chronicled 62 mass-shootings over the last 30 years in which not one was “stopped by a civilian using a gun.” The argument Mother Jones sought to debunk is the frequent claim by gun-advocates that guns, in the right, law-abiding hands, could be used to defend people from senseless violence during mass-shootings.
Beck disagrees. He noted a recent shooting at an Oregon mall last month in which a deranged shooter turned the gun on himself after slaying two others. The reason, Beck said, is because the assailant saw a citizen approaching him with a weapon and decided to take his own life instead of shooting another passerby.
“I’m pretty sure everyone else in the mall that day was grateful for the Second Amendment,” quipped Beck before going on to cite an incident in Israel where three terrorists unleashed machine gun fire into a crowd of civilians. Armed Israeli citizens were quick to take down the three terrorists even before the police or army arrived.
Gun control advocates “conveniently ignore countless success stories such as this one,” Beck said. “They ignore the mountain of evidence, like the fact [that] mass shootings… rose between the 1960s and 1990s but dropped in the 2000s.”
The entire gun debate, for Beck, can be boiled down to progressives “taking advantage of a crisis” to using “emotion” to rule the day and pass legislation. He does not believe the American public will cede.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 478 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 411 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 358 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 330 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 290 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ Read More
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ 103 Comments
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 208 Comments
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 140 Comments
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- Ex-Cincinnati IRS Manager: This Was Not the Work of ‘Low-Level’ Employees Read More
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 146 Comments
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 109 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Flooding forces evacuation of 1,300 in ND town
- Cannes: Scott Thomas' glorious dip into darkness
- Benghazi review leader OKs meeting with committee
- Cameron: 'Indications' London attack terror
- Weiner launches comeback bid to become NYC mayor
- Arias jury deadlocked but must continue
- Key House chairman slams Senate immigration bill
- Stocks fall on news Fed weighed cutting stimulus