Rep. Peter King Blasts ‘Weasely’ Words of State Dept. on Blind Sheikh After Renewed Calls for Release
Last week TheBlaze reported that, in an exclusive interview with CNN’s Wolf Blitzer, Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi said he wants President Barack Obama to release Omar Abdel-Rahman, better known as the “Blind Sheikh.” This is of course no small request considering the the Egyptian cleric is currently in U.S. custody after being convicted of masterminding the original 1993 World Trade Center bombing as well as other terrorist attacks.
Responding to the pressure being brought to bear by the Muslim Brotherhood leader, ever-outspoken Rep. Peter King offered a piece of advice to the president while on Fox News this weekend: Tell Morsi that the Blind Sheikh is not going anywhere and will “die in an American prison.”
The congressman added that “we won’t impress anyone in the Middle East by equivocating on the Blind Sheikh,” and insisted that the administration adopt stronger language than it has in the past concerning the terrorist-icon. King of course was referring to the State Department’s saying it had “no plans” to release the cleric. The controversial Republican insinuated that such language does not “rule out” a release-date in the future and said he found the words to be “loyalite” and “weasely.”
There has been talk that Morsi is slated for a White House visit before March — and King believes Obama should make it clear to the Brotherhood leader beforehand that, in no uncertain terms, we will not release the “terrorist and murderer.”
Morsi claims he wants Abdel-Rahman returned to Egypt based on his alleged poor heath, but is well-aware that a U.S. granted release would have more than a simply humanitarian connotation to the Arab Street as the Blind Sheikh is a cultural icon among jihadists.
“I want him to be free,” Morsi said, “but I respect the law and the rule of law in Egypt and the Untied States. What I am talking about isn’t a violation…There could be things like visitation, assistance, his children, his family, assisting him. He is an old sheikh and sick and blind.”
In addition to the seven killed and more than a thousand injured in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, through his jihadist-affiliates Al-Gama’a al-Islamiyya and Egyptian Islamic Jihad, the Blind Sheikh is responsible for the slaughter of 58 tourists — including women and children — at Deir el-Bahri in Luxor.
Obama issuing an unequivocal and resounding “no” to those bent on the Blind Sheikh’s release could signal to the Islamic world that there are unforgiving and dire consequences for massacring innocent civilians.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 1,026 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 459 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 430 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 307 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 246 Comments
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 113 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? Read More
- Boston Cardinal Snubs Irish PM Over Abortion Support Read More
- Incredible: The Moment a Woman’s Dog Emerges from Rubble During TV Interview Right After She Describes Losing Him 221 Comments
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal Read More
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) Read More
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 130 Comments
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Veteran DB Charles Woodson returns to Raiders
- Asia stocks rise as Fed official backs easy policy
- Singer Kellie Pickler named new 'Dancing' champ
- Garcia apologizes for "fried chicken" remark
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- Garcia, Woods take their shots at each other
- Search for Okla. tornado survivors nearly complete
- Owner: Chinese boat's captain beaten by NKoreans