Are UFOs Frequenting a South Texas Drilling Site? Workers Claim These Pictures Say Yes
There’s a buzz among the workers at a drilling site in southern Texas that they might not alone. Eyewitness reports and footage taken by both workers and security cameras seem to capture what can at this point only be described as unidentified lights in the sky.
The San Antonio Express-News reported the workers at the Eagle Ford Shale for several nights in a row in October saw the lights and that a security camera’s footage from a few months earlier, albeit blurry and black and white, shows a disc-shaped object near another well site.
Here’s the accounts of a few witnesses:
“We all know what the lights from a plane or a helicopter look like,” said Rene Cantu, the oilfield worker who first sighted the orange lights. “This wasn’t a plane or a helicopter.”
“We sit on our back porch and watch planes go by every night,” said Jerry Farrell, a nearby rancher who saw the same lights as Cantu and his co-workers. “This was 12, 13, 14 lights, that were all spread out, flying all over the sky. And when they moved, it was at unbelievable speed, from horizon to horizon and back.”
Cantu was on a work break when he saw the lights. He yelled out to co-workers, who joined him watching the lights, which put on a 3-minute show, bouncing around the heavens like a celestial pinball machine.
The lights vanished for 25 minutes, then returned for another 3-minute show.
The stunned roughnecks wondered if they had been hallucinating. Then delivery trucks, which had been waiting down the road for their turn to approach the site, pulled up.
“The truck drivers were all, ‘Did you guys see those lights up there?’” Cantu said. “So it wasn’t just us.”
The News-Express reported the sheriff’s office saying it didn’t receive any calls regarding the lights on these nights.
As for the image picked up by security cameras in July, the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON), a volunteer group of UFO investigators, has looked into the claims and said that it has passed two of its authenticity tests, according to the News-Express.
“If it’s a prank,” MUFON investigator Charles Stansburge told the News-Express, “someone spent a lot of money to stage it. It’s not a doctored photo. It’s a 60-foot-diameter saucer that’s hovering.”
Adding to the story, MUFON was told by witnesses that the company owning the Eagle Ford Shale drilling site installed the security cameras in the first place because they noticed oil being siphoned from tanks.
The News-Express reported that MUFON’s investigation is still in its early stages. Stransburge said he doesn’t expect to find much since any physical evidence on the site could be long gone by now given the time that has elapsed since the image was taken.
- Is the International Space Station Attracting UFOs? See the Videos
- Remember Those UFOs Captured on Video in Denver? News Station Rules Out One Possibility
- UFO Enthusiasts Believe They’ve Spotted a Spaceship Flying by the Sun — Take a Look
- Ohio Man Claims Clearest Video of UFO Over Lake Erie
(H/T: Daily Mail)
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 488 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 474 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 464 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 370 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 330 Comments
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control 104 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 204 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack 105 Comments
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer 107 Comments
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! Read More
- Emails Released: Congress Was Asking for Updates on IG’s IRS Audit Before 2012 Election Read More
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 120 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Video: Introducing ‘ConservoTax,’ the first tax software made for Republicans
- Watch the other hand: Immigration reform advances under cover of scandals
- Bill O’Reilly counts calories, orders salad at fried-food restaurant
- ‘Middle class champion’ Elizabeth Warren joins Senate Millionaires Club
- Matt Drudge calls MSNBC host ‘squirrely’…
- Iran's Rafsanjani blasts clerics, says report
- Kerry Kennedy, farmworker protest Wendy's in NYC
- Hurricane forecast: Another busy Atlantic season
- UK police: 2 more arrests linked to hacking death of British soldier in London.
- Google to add Galapagos Islands to Street View
- Pritzker's ties to thrift, tax haven eyed
- Writer Chinua Achebe honored in Nigeria funeral
- Shareholder adviser firm paying $300,000 fine