Dad of Sandy Hook First Grader Responds to Conspiracy Theory That the Shooting Never Happened in Powerful Interview With Glenn Beck
In light of all the wild conspiracy theories floating around the Internet about the Newtown shooting, the father of a Sandy Hook Elementary first grader called into Glenn Beck’s radio program on Wednesday to thoroughly debunk the theory that the shooting never actually happened. In a powerful interview, the father, “Pete,” recounted the horrific events of that morning and described how it felt not being able to immediately rescue his young son.
After killing his mother, a deranged shooter opened fire at Sandy Hook Elementary, killing 20 children and six school staffers in December. For some reason, Newtown “truthers” have promoted the idea that the shooting was staged and it never really happened, an idea that the father said makes him want to throw up.
“It’s like an unimaginable way to even look at a tragedy or horrific event. I don’t even understand it,” Pete told Beck on the radio.
Pete’s son lost several friends in the tragic shooting and has attended six funerals. Additionally, two of the kids murdered in the massacre were part of Pete’s Tiger Den — his son wore his uniform to those two funerals.
The father said he felt such “terror” on that day that he later got an EKG to make sure he didn’t have a heart attack. That’s why it really gets to him when people argue the massacre was a hoax.
As a volunteer firefighter, Pete was later called to the scene to assist at Sandy Hook. However, knowing his son was inside the school, he was not allowed to go in after him.
“I’m having a hard time even asking you this question,” Glenn began. “What did it feel like as a dad to know that your son was in that build, and you could not go in and grab him?”
“It was extremely hard. I’m fortunate that the fire department is a big family,” Pete replied. “One of them, the EMS captain, her mother is the secretary in the office. She’s the one who got the intercom open. And we were both together on the truck and we were consoling each other, and making sure we were able not only get in and do our jobs and but keep each supported to make sure everything was going to be all right.”
“I was fortunate that my son’s class due to his location was about the second class out. I saw him right away within a few minutes of being on scene,” he added.
Pete told Beck that he had wanted to call into his radio show for a long time after hearing about Newtown “truthers” and the crazy theories they are promoting.
“We need to set the record straight,” he said. “I was there. I’ve been to the funerals. I know the families very closely. I know a lot of those children. It happened. It really happened.”
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 527 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 466 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 453 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 338 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 324 Comments
- Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Terrorism, London Machete Attack: ‘A Hand-Maiden of Islamic Terrorism’ Read More
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer Read More
- This Is How Texas Politicians Are Fighting Against the Atheist-Led ‘War on Christmas’ Read More
- ‘Unbelievable’: Apparent Thief Leaves $140 & Apology Note on Family’s Doorstep — Find Out Why Read More
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 272 Comments
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 116 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- 5 dead in Lebanon clash of Assad foes, backers
- AP Interview: Rogge praises wrestling's changes
- Restaurant torched in 4th night of Sweden riots
- Man shot by FBI had ties to Boston bombing suspect
- Ralph Lauren's 4Q profit rises 35 pct
- Father of man shot in Boston probe shares regrets
- Russian court denies Pussy Riot's Alekhina parole
- Britain: Soldier slaying suspects had been probed