Donald Trump Makes Israel Election Video and Guess Who He’s Endorsing
Donald Trump considered a presidential run then eventually settled on Mitt Romney as his candidate last fall. Now, Trump is throwing his hat in the Israeli arena, with a new video he recorded touting the leadership of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
Speaking directly to the camera, he says:
My name is Donald Trump and I’m a big fan of Israel, and frankly, a strong prime minister is a strong Israel, and you truly have a great prime minister in Benjamin Netanyahu. There’s nobody like him. He’s a winner. He’s highly respected. He’s highly thought of by all, and people really do have great, great respect for what’s happened in Israel.
So vote for Benjamin. Terrific guy, terrific leader. Great for Israel.
Trump says: “a strong prime minister is a strong Israel.” That’s likely no coincidence since Netanyahu’s party Likud-Israel Beiteinu is running the slogan “strong prime minister, strong Israel” in its television and print ads.
Will Israelis be swayed by Trump? Elections take place January 22nd, so we’ll know in less than a week.
It’s not only Trump who’s seen in Israel as getting involved from afar. In an article in Bloomberg View on Tuesday, columnist Jeffrey Goldberg wrote that President Barack Obama told aides behind closed doors that “Israel doesn’t know what its own best interests are.” The article timed precisely one week before Israelis go to polls is being viewed widely in Israel as an attempt by the Obama administration to influence the outcome of the vote.
While Israelis are sensitive to the perception of their country overseas and could be influenced by Obama’s alleged critique of Netanyahu, it’s also a country where polls before the American elections showed Jewish citizens preferred Mitt Romney over Obama 57% to 22%. Thus, Obama’s negative opinion of Netanyahu could encourage more voters to support the incumbent prime minister.
Ironically, the last Israeli public opinion poll on which TheBlaze reported in October asked the question: “In terms of Israeli interests, who would be preferable to win the elections next month in the U.S.”
A poll over the summer found that Israelis felt Romney ‘assigned more importance to defending Israel’s national interest’ than Obama by a 2:1 ratio: 40% for Romney to 19% for Obama.”
In other words, Israelis don’t believe Obama is acting in their national interest. Interesting considering Obama’s alleged choice of words, that is, “Israel doesn’t know what its own best interests are.”
If Obama had a negative view of Netanyahu before, Trump’s Netanyahu endorsement will do little to improve his image of the prime minister. As TheBlaze reported last fall, Trump announced he’d give five million dollars to charity if Obama released his college and passport records.
Watch Trump’s Netanyahu endorsement video here:
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 1,036 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 462 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 436 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 312 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 252 Comments
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 147 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? Read More
- Boston Cardinal Snubs Irish PM Over Abortion Support Read More
- Incredible: The Moment a Woman’s Dog Emerges from Rubble During TV Interview Right After She Describes Losing Him 224 Comments
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 106 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) Read More
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 132 Comments
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Maine man charged in death of missing teen
- Weak yen a help for Japan, but headache elsewhere
- Portland, Ore., rejecting water fluoridation
- Conn. rail service returning to normal
- Hosseini discusses new novel at NYC reading
- Young objector challenges Israeli army
- Egypt: 7 security men kidnapped in Sinai freed
- Garcetti holds slim lead as LA picks new mayor