Leaked Video: Palestinian Terrorist Doesn’t Let 3 Life Sentences Prevent Him From Engagement Party…in Prison
The news website Ynet obtained video captured in a high-security Israeli prison showing the engagement party of a convicted Palestinian terrorist – replete with a large spread of sweets, cigarettes, and juice (devout Muslims abstain from alcohol).
It reports that the party was in honor of Samar Abu Kwick who is serving three life sentences after being convicted of killing two Israeli soldiers in an attack ten years ago.
Ynet reports that the Israeli Prison Service believes a prisoner with a smuggled cellphone made the video inside Eshel Prison and considers the incident to be serious.
A reception line of prisoners is seen in the video, hugging and kissing well-wishers, who are themselves prisoners, as festive music plays the background.
Ynet identified an operative from the Al-Aqsa Martyrs’ Brigades, Ramzi Aubayd, in the video congratulating the future groom.
As TheBlaze reported last week, Palestinians imprisoned for security offenses are no longer eligible to take free long-distance university classes while serving time. Three Palestinian prisoners appealed to the High Court of Justice to try to reverse the policy.
Ynet describes some of the conditions of their confinement:
They are however allowed a one-hour break in the prison yard and access to the prison’s canteen. For the rest of their time, prisoners are confined to their cells, and this is presumably when the engagement party video was shot.
Unlike criminal prisoners, security prisoners are denied conjugal visits and the right to marry while serving time. More so, they are denied even the right to meet their bride or fiancé.
Though they are widely derided by Palestinian critics of Israel, Israeli prisons have earned awards internationally for their design and rehab programs. In September, the Times of Israel ran a feature on the prisons. It described one prison where:
…inmates spend most of the day outside their cells, in possession of cell keys and travelling between “campus” facilities for work, sports, dining, etc. A landscaped inner courtyard maintained by inmates allows visiting families to meet in a peaceful atmosphere, a sharp contrast with Hollywood prison-yard scenes.
MSNBC’s “Lockup: World Tour” visited several Israeli prisons. The Times of Israel described one visit:
As Israel’s only prison for women, Neve Tirza houses just over 200 inmates. Lockup producers were surprised to encounter prison facilities including a petting zoo and meditation room with glow-in-the-dark fish tanks. Inmates are seen teaching each other dance, producing art, and even nursing their babies in the prison’s fully-equipped ward for new mothers.
Palestinian terrorist prisoners also earn money while they are locked up. The Palestinian Authority spends $4.5 million per month on salaries to the convicts, the harsher the crime, the higher the payment. Between that and stipends for suicide bomber families, it adds up to a full six percent of the Palestinian budget.
Here is the video of the engagement celebration from Ynet:
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 507 Comments
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 466 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 447 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 415 Comments
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 331 Comments
- Workplace Violence? Obama Finally Says Fort Hood Shooting Was ‘Inspired by Larger Notions of Violent Jihad’ Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Church vs. State Complaint Leads City to Remove Christian Crosses on Water Tower — Now See What They’ve Been Replaced With Read More
- Faith-Healing Parents Charged With Murder for Refusing Kids’ Medical Care — Should They Go to Prison? Read More
- ‘I Swear I Will Kill You…F**k You’: Conservative Comedian Gets Death Threats Following Anti-Muhammad Video 128 Comments
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 113 Comments
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets That Can Turn You Into a Detective Read More
- How Would a 3D-Printed Shotgun Slug Hold Up? Here’s the Test Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 130 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- Czech police say US suspect in 4 murders arrested
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- Russia: Syrian regime may take part in peace talks
- UK police: 2 men arrested after flight from Pakistan to England diverted
- China, Switzerland to seal free trade deal
- Q&A: On Turkey's proposed alcohol restrictions
- UN chief challenges African leaders over Congo
- Uganda president ousts army boss amid dispute