‘Real News:’ Has the Syrian Regime Crossed the Red Line With Chemical Weapons?
An exclusive report Wednesday in Foreign Policy magazine claims that a State Department cable has concluded that the Syrian Army directed by President Bashar Al Assad used chemical weapons against his own people in a deadly attack in early December.
United States diplomats in Turkey conducted a previously undisclosed, intensive investigation into claims that Syrian President Bashar al-Assad used chemical weapons, and made what an Obama administration official who reviewed the cable called a “compelling case” that Assad’s military forces had used a deadly form of poison gas.
The Assad regime has been fighting off an uprising and civil war for nearly two years while spilling much of their own people’s blood. President Barack Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton have been emphatic about a red line for U.S. intervention and “consequences” for Assad in Syria if it was discovered that the regime used any chemical or biological weapons. Reuters reported Wednesday that the United States still has no reason to believe Syria has used chemical weapons during the civil war thus far, despite this most recent cable from Turkey reported by Foreign Policy.
Stephan Yates of DC International Advisory joined ‘Real News‘ Wednesday to discuss the Foreign Policy report and the ongoing conflict in Syria.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 483 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 470 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 460 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 356 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 327 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack Read More
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer Read More
- This Is How Texas Politicians Are Fighting Against the Atheist-Led ‘War on Christmas’ Read More
- ‘Unbelievable’: Apparent Thief Leaves $140 & Apology Note on Family’s Doorstep — Find Out Why Read More
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 118 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Krzyzewski returning to coach USA Basketball
- ECB official: New bank authority 'indispensable'
- Newly found Pearl S. Buck book is to be published
- AP Interview: Rogge praises wrestling's changes
- Writer Chinua Achebe honored in Nigeria funeral
- Singer Nick Carter to release memoir Sept. 24
- AP Interview: Syria conflict uproots Palestinians
- Birth control coverage up for federal appeal