Fox Hosts Get Into Heated Exchange Over the Left’s Hypocrisy on Gun Violence
During Thursday’s edition of “The Five,” co-hosts Bob Beckel and Greg Gutfeld go into a heated exchange over gun violence and the National Rifle Association, which Beckel called “thugs” and the “most evil lobby” in Washington.
Gutfeld criticized liberals, including Beckel, for being hypocritical and focusing on just one percent of gun crimes, like when a mass shooting happens, and ignoring the bloody violence that occurs in places like Chicago every day.
“This a great issue for the left because they appear to be tough on crime, when really they are only tough on guns,” Gutfeld said.
“Because the NRA, the thugs, don’t let them do it,” Beckel interrupted.
“It’s the liberals!” Gutfeld shot back. “Why is it that you guys on the left only focus on one percent of the crime when in Chicago you have, what, one Newtown every two weeks? You have 42 people dying. Why is that not a problem to you?”
Gutfeld went on to say that handguns are the weapon of choice for criminals, yet the left is talking about banning semi-automatic rifles.
“I’m for banning hand guns,” Beckel said, shocking all of his co-hosts.
“They demonize the NRA but they won’t talk about gangs,” Gutfeld said, before asking, “The NRA is as dangerous as the Latin Kings?”
“They are the most evil lobby in all of Washington,” Beckel shot back.
Watch the clip via Fox News/Mediaite:
(H/T: Noah Rothman, Mediaite)
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 479 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 422 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 384 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 303 Comments
- More Than $1 Million Raised Through Mercury One for Oklahoma Tornado Relief 266 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ 110 Comments
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ 112 Comments
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 214 Comments
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 195 Comments
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- Ex-Cincinnati IRS Manager: This Was Not the Work of ‘Low-Level’ Employees Read More
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 111 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Inaugural tournament cut to 54 holes
- One block: How neighbors saw twister's deadly path
- Jennifer Lopez to open cellphone stores
- Kerry: US, allies ready to step up aid to rebels
- A divided Fed wrestles with when to slow bond buys
- Obama to honor Carole King at White House concert
- Twitter adds security measure to logins
- Key House chairman slams Senate immigration bill