New Poll Shows More than a Third of Americans Think Obama Is Hiding Important Information About Himself — Do You?
Roughly 36 percent of all Americans believe President Barack Obama is “hiding important information about his background and early life,” according to a new poll released Thursday.
The majority of Republicans — 64 percent — believe Obama is hiding something about himself while 33 percent of independents and even 14 percent of Democrats agree, the Fairleigh Dickinson University PublicMind survey revealed.
Dan Cassino, a professor of political science at Fairleigh Dickinson, said this particular “conspiracy theory” is more widely accepted “because it’s been discussed so often.”
“People tend to believe that where there’s smoke, there’s fire — so the more smoke they see, the more likely they are to believe that something is going on,” he said.
The survey also found that 25 percent of Americans believe President Bush probably knew about the 9/11 attacks before they happened, while 56 percent say it’s likely not true. Additionally, 15 percent said they weren’t sure and 4 percent said they didn’t know.
The poll was conducted with 814 registered American voters from Dec. 10-16, 2012 and has a margin of error of +/- 3.4 percentage points for the full sample.
What do you think? Is Obama hiding important information about his past?
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 437 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 418 Comments
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 375 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 320 Comments
- More Than $1 Million Raised Through Mercury One for Oklahoma Tornado Relief 266 Comments
- ‘Unbelievable’: Apparent Thief Leaves $140 & Apology Note on Family’s Doorstep — Find Out Why Read More
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 134 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ 132 Comments
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ 120 Comments
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 236 Comments
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 246 Comments
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- Ex-Cincinnati IRS Manager: This Was Not the Work of ‘Low-Level’ Employees Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 114 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- WW II photo-documentarian Wayne Miller dies at 94
- Broke no laws, IRS official says _ then takes 5th
- Zach Johnson always feels good at Colonial
- House passes GOP bill to speed pipeline approval
- HP's 2Q offers hope even as revenue slump deepens
- 4 Americans killed since 2009 in US drone strikes
- Mexico cartel dominates, torches western state
- Union power at issue as Garcetti elected LA mayor