Obama Advisor: America’s Political System Is Not ‘Worthy’ of the ‘Opportunity’ Obama’s Second Term Represents
Dan Pfeiffer, President Barack Obama’s communications director, recently told The Washington Post that neither America’s political system nor Republicans are “worthy” of the opportunity the president’s second term represents.
“There’s a moment of opportunity now that’s important,” Pfeiffer said. “What’s frustrating is that we don’t have a political system or an opposition party worthy of the opportunity.”
Yes, unfortunately for Democrats, President Obama will have to work with Republicans, who control the majority in the House of Representatives, to get things done. Well, he can also use executive orders as he demonstrated in his first term. “If he is successful, his record could include a variety of legislative achievements that have eluded previous presidents and a place in history as the president who moved the country beyond the wars of the post-Sept. 11 era,” The Washington Post adds.
“Days in your second term are in many ways more important than in your first,” Pfeiffer said, noting that the president’s second-term power is is “an hourglass running out of sand,” so he must move quickly.
Do you agree that Obama’s second term represents an “opportunity” that Republicans and the U.S. political system are simply not “worthy” of?
(H/T: Weekly Standard)
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 521 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 406 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 291 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 153 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? 100 Comments
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California Read More
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- 10 things to know for the Champions League final
- Rosberg fastest again in crash-marred 3rd practice
- In Ethiopia, African Union celebrates 50 years
- Jordan king says extremism 'grown fat' on conflict
- 2-child limit for Muslims in parts of Myanmar
- 'Friend' of suspect in UK slaying arrested
- Syria regime unleashes artillery barrage on Qusair
- Balloons bring smiles in war-weary Afghan capital