Whoops: ABC Anchor Thinks He’s Pointing Out Morgan Freeman at Inauguration…but It’s Not!
While covering President Obama’s second inauguration Monday afternoon, ABC News’ George Stephanopoulos thought he saw Hollywood legend Morgan Freeman in the crowd.
But he didn’t. It was NBA superstar Bill Russell. Whoops:
“George was providing the play-by-play for ABC this morning … when he started pointing out some of the famous people in the D.C. crowd … and mixed up one legendary black guy for another,” gossip news site TMZ notes.
Luckily for Stephanopoulos, someone off-camera quickly corrected him and he was able to apologize for his mistake.
What do you think? Trivial gaffe or bonehead mistake?
Follow Becket Adams (@BecketAdams) on Twitter
Featured images courtesy Getty Images.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 440 Comments
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 436 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 379 Comments
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control 212 Comments
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 111 Comments
- Emails Released: Congress Was Asking for Updates on IG’s IRS Audit Before 2012 Election Read More
- How Would a 3D-Printed Shotgun Slug Hold Up? Here’s the Test Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 130 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- Roger Ailes: Obama admin creating ‘McCarthy era’ ‘climate of press intimidation’
- Obama State Dept: London cleaver attack was ‘senseless violence,’ not terrorism
- Oops: ‘Weiner for Mayor’ logo featured skyline of the wrong city
- And now, a word from Newt
- Just a photo of Al Sharpton smiling in an African dashiki
- UN nuke agency's Iran probe driven by US-led intel
- With symbolic ribbon cutting, NJ shore is open
- Seen and heard at the Cannes Film Festival
- Correction: Mozambique-UN story
- Obama's speech welcomed in Pakistan, Yemen
- Explosion hits heart of Afghan capital
- Oil falls below $94 on weak outlook for demand
- Egypt: 3 women killed in 'honor' crime