Former GE CEO: Based on Inauguration Speeches, Obama Appears ‘Comfortable With High Unemployment and Huge Deficits’
Former General Electric CEO Jack Welch came out swinging against President Barack Obama yet again the night of the inauguration. Back in October, Welch was ridiculed for saying the administration may have manipulated jobs numbers ahead of the 2012 election, and yesterday his concern was once again unemployment.
“Inaugurals always magnificent…appears Pres. Obama comfortable with high unemployment and huge deficits..no serious mention,” he wrote on Twitter.
Inaugurals always magnificent…appears Pres. Obama comfortable with high unemployment and huge deficits..no serious mention
— Jack Welch (@jack_welch) January 21, 2013
The Huffington Post has consequently labeled Welch an “economic conspiracy theorist” along with Rush Limbaugh, Karl Rove, Donald Trump, Ron Paul and CNN’s Erin Burnett (apparently she said that Federal Reserve policies have caused the price of food and gas to rise).
The Huffington Post also notes that the unemployment rate, currently at 7.8%, is roughly the same as it was when President Obama assumed office. They do not, however, point out that the massive contraction in the U.S. labor force keeps the numbers lower than they would otherwise be.
Click here to read TheBlaze’s Becket Adams breakdown of President Obama’s first term “by the numbers,” which also includes an overview of the national debt.
The reaction on Twitter to Welch’s statement has been mixed. While 305 people have retweeted the note and 57 people have “favorited” it as of this article’s publication, there have also been some frightening responses.
One man, who apparently likes to write in all capital letters, told Welch to “drop dead” and that even with all his money, he is still a “racist son of a bi***.”
@jack_welch ,DROP DEAD OLD MAN,UR CLOSE 2 THE GRAVE,IF I WERE U, I WOULD SHUT THE FUCK UP AND PRAY U WAKE UP TOMORROW,UR MONEY WON’T HELP U
— Arnold Gold1 (@arnoldgold1) January 22, 2013
In fact, President Obama did touch on the jobs situation during the inauguration, but it was limited to broad, sweeping statements.
“We know that America thrives when every person can find independence and pride in their work,” he stated. “When the wages of honest labor liberate families from the brink of hardship.”
He also said: “We, the people, understand that our country cannot succeed when a shrinking few do very well and a growing many barely make it.”
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 484 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 470 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 462 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 356 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 327 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ Read More
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack Read More
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer Read More
- This Is How Texas Politicians Are Fighting Against the Atheist-Led ‘War on Christmas’ Read More
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 118 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Obama to address drones, Gitmo in security speech
- UN: 22 deaths worldwide from coronavirus
- Togo police fire tear gas at protesters
- McQuaid: Panel to study UCI-Armstrong 'collusion'
- Jewelry stolen a 2nd time during Cannes festival
- Russian court denies Pussy Riot's Alekhina parole
- Czech police seek US man suspected of 4 murders
- Jerry Lewis repeats his distaste for female comics