2 In Custody, 4 Injured Following Shooting at Houston College Campus
UPDATE: MyFoxHouston reports that two people are currently in custody and four people are injured after a shooting at the Lone Star College campus in Houston. The network adds:
The shooting happened just after noon Tuesday on the LSC campus in the 2700 block of WW Thorne Drive.
The Harris County Sheriff’s Office says four people were taken to nearby hospitals.
– Two were taken to Ben Taub for shooting-related injuries
– One was taken to Houston Northwest Medical for shooting-related injuries
– One was taken to Houston Northwest Medical for injuries not related to the shooting
One of the victims was listed in critical condition and the other was listed as “urgent”.
Lone Star College, located in north Houston, was put on lockdown Tuesday after several people were shot and injured on campus, a local Fox affiliate reports.
One person is reportedly in custody and police are in pursuit of another potential shooter on the run.
Three victims were transported from the campus to area hospitals and the extent of their injuries could be, in certain cases, serious according to reports. Moments after the shooting, students could be seen being led out of the sprawling campus with their hands on their heads. Police SWAT teams were searching the campus
Reports indicate that the shooting may have arisen after a fight broke out between two people, at least one of them armed.
The campus is being evacuated and an emergency alert was sent to students and faculty advising them to take shelter and steer clear of the campus.
ABC reports that some students said they heard gunshots when they were in cafeteria. Campus spokesperson Vicki Cassidy says there is a safe shelter for students at the North Campus.
A woman was seen being wheeled out on an office chair, according to ABC.
This is a breaking story. Please check back for updates.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 483 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 470 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 461 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 356 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 327 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack Read More
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer Read More
- This Is How Texas Politicians Are Fighting Against the Atheist-Led ‘War on Christmas’ Read More
- ‘Unbelievable’: Apparent Thief Leaves $140 & Apology Note on Family’s Doorstep — Find Out Why Read More
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 118 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Krzyzewski returning to coach USA Basketball
- ECB official: New bank authority 'indispensable'
- Newly found Pearl S. Buck book is to be published
- AP Interview: Rogge praises wrestling's changes
- Writer Chinua Achebe honored in Nigeria funeral
- Singer Nick Carter to release memoir Sept. 24
- AP Interview: Syria conflict uproots Palestinians
- Birth control coverage up for federal appeal