This Is a ‘Beast’ of a Chicken Egg — And You Won’t Believe What Was Found Inside
Why would a chicken egg evoke phrases like “oh my god” and ”shut up” from a grown man? It wasn’t the egg’s nearly 10-inch circumference and half a pound of weight. It was what was found inside the egg that was so surprising.
Sean Wilson posted a video showing what he calls a “beast” of an egg that he thinks could be the “biggest chicken egg in the world.” In the video he implies the egg came from a chicken he owns.
After showing off the size of the egg, he wants to figure out how many yolks are inside of it. Wilson taps the shell with a butter knife, and cracks it open into a frying pan.
We don’t want to ruin the surprise of what was inside, but we will tell you it’s probably not what you might think. Watch the video find out (answer is posted after the video):
Although there was one yolk inside, bet you didn’t expect to see another whole egg emerge. It was an egg within an egg.
He cracks the more normal size egg that resided inside the behemoth one and found it was perfectly normal — only one yolk.
“I can’t believe it,” Wilson said of his “golden egg.”
New Scientist addressed how this can happen a few years ago. Douglas Russell, a curator at the National History Museum in the U.K., explained that egg ends up getting pushed back up the oviduct in the wrong direction where it can be surrounded by another egg.
“A complete egg within a complete egg is a relatively rare occurrence,” Russell said.
Watch New Scientist’s video:
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 527 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 466 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 453 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 338 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 324 Comments
- Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Terrorism, London Machete Attack: ‘A Hand-Maiden of Islamic Terrorism’ Read More
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer Read More
- This Is How Texas Politicians Are Fighting Against the Atheist-Led ‘War on Christmas’ Read More
- ‘Unbelievable’: Apparent Thief Leaves $140 & Apology Note on Family’s Doorstep — Find Out Why Read More
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 272 Comments
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 116 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- 5 dead in Lebanon clash of Assad foes, backers
- AP Interview: Rogge praises wrestling's changes
- Restaurant torched in 4th night of Sweden riots
- Man shot by FBI had ties to Boston bombing suspect
- Ralph Lauren's 4Q profit rises 35 pct
- Father of man shot in Boston probe shares regrets
- Russian court denies Pussy Riot's Alekhina parole
- Britain: Soldier slaying suspects had been probed