The Latest in the Obama Vs. Fly Saga: Large Fly Lands Defiantly on President’s Forehead
During a Thursday event where President Barack Obama announced he was nominating former U.S. attorney Mary Jo White to head the Securities and Exchange Commission, a rather large house fly annoyed the president by buzzing around his head and then landing on the middle of his forehead.
Reuters photographer Larry Downing snapped the photo that is now quickly spreading across the Internet.
Unfortunately for Obama, it’s not his first run-in with these insects — and several have been captured on camera.
The Daily Rushbo has created an entertaining compilation video of the commander-in-chief’s history with flies. Watch:
Additionally, this AP photo was captured as Obama was speaking about health care reform in 2010:
Glenn Beck and his radio crew have also jokingly noticed how “flying insects” like flies and bees are seemingly infatuated with Obama for some reason. The concept actually led to the “The Bees Know” Glenn Beck T-shirt.
Here’s Beck back in 2010 chronicling Obama’s various interactions with winged creatures:
“What is it with Obama and flying insects? During the 2008 campaign, an LA Times reporter assigned to follow Obama described the following scene. On one hot summer afternoon in Iowa — this is LA Times from the campaign: Obama was flipping burgers at a backyard barbecue in what the campaign hoped would be an exquisite photo opportunity. A fly began circling his head and then more flies. Pretty soon flies were swarming him. It was awful to watch.”
“Then on June 16th, 2009, Obama was being interviewed in the White House. A fly kept buzzing around his head. How does a fly get in the White House? What are you talking about? Through the door or the windows. Well, they’re secret commando flies. What a ridiculous thing, without a moment’s hesitation, Obama killed the fly with his hand.”
“I have to tell you, I’ve never seen anybody do that. Oh, boy. They go into how it’s Lord of the Flies, he may be the Lord of the Flies, [Beck joked].”
Drudge Report also had some fun with the fly photos today, dubbing the president, “fly guy.”
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 504 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 469 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 390 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 389 Comments
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 327 Comments
- ‘I Swear I Will Kill You…F**k You’: Conservative Comedian Gets Death Threats Following Anti-Muhammad Video Read More
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control 202 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack 139 Comments
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 101 Comments
- Emails Released: Congress Was Asking for Updates on IG’s IRS Audit Before 2012 Election Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 125 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Swim coach sentenced to 7 years for sex abuse
- Kreider keeps Rangers alive with OT goal
- Brown hounded for calling Manila 'gates of hell'
- 10 Things to Know for Friday
- Extremists claim responsibility for Niger attacks
- WikiLeaks leaks 'We Steal Secrets' doc transcript
- Study: No higher cancer rate at Conn. Pratt plants
- GOP's Walker touts state ties during trip to Iowa