A British broadcast journalist has become the latest example of the hazards of texting while walking.
CCTV cameras in the U.K.’s Birmingham Mailbox district caught Laura Safe, who is a morning newsreader for Capital radio, texting her boyfriend as she walked down a set of stairs, the Daily Telegraph reported. The next thing we know, there’s a splash and a frantic escape from the frigid water.
The man seen at the beginning of the footage on the right of the screen rushed to help Safe out of the canal.
Watch the video obtained by the Telegraph:
Safe was not injured in the incident and has been good natured about her embarrassing plunge caught on video on Twitter.
This is by no means the first time people have been caught on tape while getting into texting while walking accidents. In fact, it’s also not the first time we’ve reported on someone falling into the water while doing so.
The danger of texting while walking has apparently become such an epidemic in some towns that fines are being enacted or at least considered.
- Philadelphia to Fine Pedestrians Over Texting: Government Overreach or Common Sense?
- New Jersey ‘Ban’ on Texting Really Just Poor Word Choice by Media
- Utah Transportation Authority Bans Distracted Walking
- Embarrassed Mom Falls Into Lake Michigan While Texting
- Woman Falls on Her Face While Texting During Live News Shot
From the breaking news you need to know to the hottest trends circling the Web, TheBlaze has it all. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and Periscope.