What Does Ted Cruz Think Is the Future of the GOP?
Newly minted Texas Senator Ted Cruz has been on a tear recently in giving conservatives advice about how to improve their standing as a nationwide political force. To that end, Cruz recently gave a speech at the National Review Institute’s summit on the “Future of Conservatism,” and it has barely taken a day for that speech to attract attention.
The American Spectator describes some of Cruz’s more memorable lines:
“Tattoo these two words on your arm,” he said gesturing to his forearm. “Growth and opportunity.” Focusing on these inherently positive concepts, he claimed, would have a powerful impact on the electorate by demonstrating more effectively how Republican policies can improve social mobility and generate much needed revenue.
“I would love to double your taxes,” Ted quipped to an imaginary businessman, “after you have doubled your profits.”[...]
“We in Congress were mostly children when Reagan was president,” he explained, and therefore, in more ways than one, “We are the children of Reagan.”
And National Review themselves caught up to Cruz to ask him to offer some advice in person:
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 442 Comments
- Church vs. State Complaint Leads City to Remove Christian Crosses on Water Tower — Now See What They’ve Been Replaced With 316 Comments
- This Could Be the Most Haunting Statistic You’ll Ever See 269 Comments
- Priest Gunned Down by Italian Mobsters Now Beatified Read More
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 167 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? 102 Comments
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich 101 Comments
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 121 Comments
- ‘My Life Is Full of Blessings’: Flesh-Eating Bacteria Victim Who Lost All Limbs Smiles as She Shows Off New Bionic Hands Read More
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California 126 Comments
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- Blackhawks beat Red Wings 4-1 to stay alive
- San Antonio flooding kills 2; 200-plus rescued
- Umpire expresses regret on botched call
- Protesters across globe rally against Monsanto
- Ore. teen accused of planning to attack school
- San Antonio flooding kills 1; 200-plus rescued
- Rescuers look for pilot in deadly NY Angel Flight
- Suspected rebels kill 17, wound 24 in east India