Would You Buy This ‘Ultra Luxury’ SUV Inspired By the Chinese Year of the Snake?
The Latvia-based DARTZ Motorz Company, which also makes armored tanks and similarly armored “ultra luxury” vehicles, has released its first non-armored luxury SUV with the theme of the Chinese year of the snake.
“The Black Snake,” as the more than $1 million vehicle will be deemed in Chinese markets (it will be called the “Black Falcon” in the Middle East), is all-wheel drive and comes with the company’s customary diamond hood ornaments, according to Yahoo!’s auto blog.
Among other features of “superfluous opulence,” as Yahoo! put it are its space aluminum and the customer’s choice of interior leather made from snake, crocodile belly, ostrich or whale penis foreskin. No, you are not mistaken on that last option, nor this following one. The floor mats are made from the skin of a white shark. The Chinese edition’s hood will also be covered in leaf gold in a snakeskin pattern.
Founder Leonard Yankelovich wouldn’t disagree with Yahoo!’s description of opulence either. In fact, he told Yahoo! he dislikes the term SUV to describe DARTZ’s vehicles, preferring BNOs (Bespoke, Noble, Opulent).
“It will be your bulletproof investment–and not because it will protect you from bullets,” Yankelovich said, according to Yahoo!. “But because it will save your money, as the car is a 21-century masterpiece.”
Here’s more from Auto Evolution about the car’s more technical specs:
The 5.5-liter twin-turbo V8 engine of the GL63 AMG delivers 557 hp and 760 Nm (560 lb-ft) of torque, working with a seven-speed automatic gearbox and Mercedes’ 4Matic all-wheel drive system. This allows the massive vehicle to deal with the 0 to 62 mph sprint in 4.9 seconds.
Check out the Black Snake’s promo video:
Last year, a $7 million version was created in honor of the Chinese year of the dragon.
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 478 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 410 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 358 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 330 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 290 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ Read More
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ 100 Comments
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 208 Comments
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 134 Comments
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- Ex-Cincinnati IRS Manager: This Was Not the Work of ‘Low-Level’ Employees Read More
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 146 Comments
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 109 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Flooding forces evacuation of 1,300 in ND town
- Cannes: Scott Thomas' glorious dip into darkness
- Benghazi review leader OKs meeting with committee
- Cameron: 'Indications' London attack terror
- Weiner launches comeback bid to become NYC mayor
- Arias jury deadlocked but must continue
- Key House chairman slams Senate immigration bill
- Stocks fall on news Fed weighed cutting stimulus