Great-Grandmother Fires at Thug 11 Times After Brazen Mid-Morning Robbery in Detroit
Many Americans tend to view cities like Chicago and Detroit the way they would Mexico — they may have their perks, but you certainly wouldn’t want to be alone there at night. The latest story out of the Michigan city certainly won’t help ameliorate the reputation of lawlessness, but at least the victim was uninjured and defiant in the end.
56-year-old grandmother and great grandmother from Clinton Township [Ramona Taylor Kamate] has a permit to carry a gun, and when she was attacked on a city bus, she used it.
It’s a bus route Kamate is quite familiar with, she’s also grown accustomed to seeing some of the same people who take the bus with her.
But, when Kamate boarded a city bus at Northland Mall in Southfield, she says a young friendly face turned on her.
“He was saying ‘you smell good, looks like you have money’ and I said no I don’t,” Kamate said.
It went downhill from there. “He grabbed my book bag and I grabbed it back and we started tussling, I bit him on his left hand. When he struck me in my head we started fighting,” she said.
Kamate says no one tried to intervene. “It’s sad you have all those men on the bus, and no one helped me,” she said. [Emphasis added]
In an interview with WJBK, the grandmother said one man told her, “You by yourself, b—-.”
The attacker then ran off with Kamate’s possessions, and people started yelling that he had a gun.
“Somebody said he had a gun, and when he turned and faced me…I just pulled my 9 out and started shooting him,” Kamate recalled. She fired 11 shots, but is unsure whether any of them made contact. No one else was injured.
“At first, I felt remorse because I have grandchildren,” she said after the mugging. “[But] if my grandchildren are out here doing what these punks are doing, they need to get the same thing.”
Kamate says she acted in self defense, and will continue working with police to apprehend the suspect.
Watch the entire lively interview, below:
(H/T: Gateway Pundit)
- 14-Year-Old Boy Protects Mich. Rape Victim With Hunting Knife as Alleged Assailant Batters the Door — and Then Sets the House on Fire
- ‘My Wife Is a Hero’: Georgia Mother Shoots Home Intruder Five Times After Being Cornered in Attic
- Let’s Set The Record Straight: 5 Common Misconceptions About Guns & Mass Shootings
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 496 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 477 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 467 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 381 Comments
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 317 Comments
- ‘I Swear I Will Kill You…F**k You’: Conservative Comedian Gets Death Threats Following Anti-Muhammad Video Read More
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control 175 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 300 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack 124 Comments
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! Read More
- Emails Released: Congress Was Asking for Updates on IG’s IRS Audit Before 2012 Election Read More
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 121 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Stocks end lower as investors reassess Fed worries
- NASA head views progress on asteroid lasso mission
- Pandora posts in-line 1Q loss, upbeat sales
- Coded goal: RG3 still aiming for Redskins' opener
- Body of 2nd child found in deadly Minn. landslide
- David Beckham bids au revoir to soccer
- Gap's 1st-quarter profits rises 43 percent
- Committee hits stretch run for NY-NJ Super Bowl