Another Massive Military ‘Training Drill’ Involving Helicopters Spotted in Houston, Texas — Watch the Raw Footage
Following reports of a military exercise occurring in Miami this week, KTRK-TV shot video of military-style helicopters roaming the skies in Houston, Texas. There have also been several reports of gunfire in the area.
The U.S. Army tells KTRK-TV that they are overseeing a “multi-agency training drill” at the old Carnegie High School on Houston’s south side. There were reportedly armed men in fatigues, a lot of firearms and what many believed were real live rounds.
The Army did not give any additional details regarding what the training is all about or why it is being conducted in Houston.
KTRK-TV provides some raw footage of the apparent training drill:
One local resident, Frances Jerrals, didn’t understand what was happening when she saw military helicopters flying over her southeast Houston neighborhood.
“When you see this, you think the worst. When you hear this, you think the worst,” Jerrals told KTRK-TV.
“I felt like I was in a war zone…It was nonstop. I was terrified,” she added.
Another resident said the Army should do a better job of alerting the locals before they conduct such an alarming training drill.
A statement from police in Miami-Dade County argued the training exercise in Miami was “routine” and “designed to ensure the military’s ability to operate in urban environments, prepare forces for upcoming overseas deployments and meet mandatory certification requirement.”
This story may be updated with additional information.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 441 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 397 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 339 Comments
- Church vs. State Complaint Leads City to Remove Christian Crosses on Water Tower — Now See What They’ve Been Replaced With 316 Comments
- This Could Be the Most Haunting Statistic You’ll Ever See 267 Comments
- Priest Gunned Down by Italian Mobsters Now Beatified Read More
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 166 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? 102 Comments
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich 100 Comments
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 121 Comments
- ‘My Life Is Full of Blessings’: Flesh-Eating Bacteria Victim Who Lost All Limbs Smiles as She Shows Off New Bionic Hands Read More
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California 122 Comments
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- Suspected rebels kill 17, wound 24 in east India
- Bruins eliminate Rangers with 3-1 win in Game 5
- Ore. teen accused of planning to attack school
- NYPD investigating actress Bynes allegations
- AP PHOTOS: Bayern beats Dortmund 2-1 in final
- Mo. highway buckles after rail cars hit overpass
- Tornado victims include animal lover, man in truck
- NTSB: Bridge collapse in Wash. is wake-up call