Gossip Site Suggests Britney Spears’ ‘Revealing Outfit’ Too Sexy for Church — Agree? Plus, What Do You Think About Worship Attire in General?
It’s not uncommon for the faithful to debate key elements of the church-going experience. TheBlaze already explored the never-ending battle over the style of music in American churches (while some people like old-school hymns, others prefer contemporary worship music), but what about attire?
Clothing, like music, can be a controversial subject, as some congregations prefer suits and ties for pastors and parishioners, alike, while others would rather see more comfortable outfits — jeans, t-shirts and even sweatshirts. The argument that those in the former category pose is that people should look their best to honor the God they are worshipping. Those in the latter group contend that clothing is merely an outer fixture — one that has little to nothing to do with praise and salvation.
Of course, the debate is more detailed — and that’s especially true for women. For example, it’s more than just formal versus informal: women are also constantly the center of debates about skirt length and shirt tightness when in the pews.
And it seems the controversy extends beyond the church community. On Tuesday, Yahoo’s celebrity gossip site omg! published a piece detailing Britney Spears’ outfit choice for a Sunday church visit. Under a headline that reads, “Britney Spears Wore–What?!–to Church?,” omg! wonders if the popular pop singer, 31, and her attire were too racy for a church service at Calvary Community Church in Westlake Village, Calif. (You can see her clothing in the above image.)
The outlet describes her “revealing outfit” as consisting of “a super-short skirt and sky-high heels.” Rather than being suited for church, the ensamble, according to omg!, is more tailored to “a night on the town.” Watch the video report describing the outfit, below:
While you may care little about Spears, the real issue here is church attire. Based on what you saw in the clip, was the pop singer’s outfit appropriate for church — or something that women simply shouldn’t be wearing inside of a house of worship? Or, was it fine and nothing out of the ordinary? Also, what are your overall views about the types of clothes that should be worn in church? Do you support formal or informal wear?
Take our multi-question poll, below, and let us know:
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 509 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 471 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 464 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 323 Comments
- ‘War in London Tonight’: Rioters Clash With Police Over ‘Cleaver’ Terror Attack (Plus: Read About Hero Mother Who Reportedly Confronted Killers) 293 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Organization? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand on the Major Change) Read More
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 116 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Church vs. State Complaint Leads City to Remove Christian Crosses on Water Tower — Now See What They’ve Been Replaced With 215 Comments
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 116 Comments
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- How Would a 3D-Printed Shotgun Slug Hold Up? Here’s the Test Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 130 Comments
- What vitally important issue is the NY state legislature debating?
- Feel-good story of the day: 3D printers aren’t just for guns
- Obama admin becomes ABC’s ‘Scandal’
- Was Gibson Guitar raid another example of political targeting by Obama DOJ?
- Code Pink protester pretended to be journalist so she could heckle Obama
- Judge orders more monitoring for Cowboys DT
- Damage reported from magnitude-5.7 quake in Calif.
- Syria targeted Israeli jeep going to rebel village
- Nadal could get Djokovic in French Open semifinals
- Woman in Berlusconi case denies her own statements
- Oklahoma gets far more than its share of disasters
- Latest 'Bachelorette' won't say if she's engaged
- Netflix hoping for memorable Memorial Day weekend